New forum feedback.

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by screwfix.peter, Oct 24, 2013.

1. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Its been a week since we updated the Screwfix Community Forum.

What do you think of the changes we have made? The feedback we have received so far has been positive.

Have you tried the new features in which you can share this on Facebook and tweet posts, so if you ask a question on the Forum, you can share your question even further outside the Screwfix Community or just pass on your advice to a bigger audience.

If you are having any problems such as unable to reset your password, please email forum.moderation@screwfix.com so I can assist.

Regards

Peter

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I can't seem to find any spellcheck.

3. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I have a unmodified installation of Chrome running on Ubuntu, and it puts a red squiggly line under anything it thinks I have misspelt

4. I use the British Dictionary add-on with Firefox. That also underlines weird words in red.

Not, of course, that I've ever personaly seen it.

5. Anyways, Peter, it's very good - thanks to all at SF.

(I'd still like to see alternating background colours for, er, alternating posts. Currently, at a glance, you sometimes can't tell who said what. I mean, I thought for a second that Sean had made a sensible post above. But, no, that was me... :p)

6. Actually, having looked at it again, it ain't bad as it is...

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Chrome does that by default Sean. (ps I'm running Ubuntu 12.04,,, much faster than Windoze)

Anyway, I must say, how much better the forum software seems, now I've got used to it. Nice look and quite easy to use.

8. screwfix.peter

I will look in to if we can add a spell checker but it might be wise to use a browser spell check.

Have any of you used the forum on a mobile or tablet yet. Its much clearer and useable on these devices.

Peter

9. screwfix.peter

Hi Teabreak

I have checked to see if there is a a plugin for a spell checker on the forum. Unfortunately as most modern browsers have this function this was not developed. So I recommend to update your browser so you have this function.

Peter

10. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Thanks for getting back Peter. I usually type in word and paste if it's a long post, but may look into the Firefox option. I had a read up and there seems to be problems with the spell check on Firefox 24.0 at the moment.
    Regards,
    teabreak

11. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yes, i have used it on my iPhone and its much better than the old forum!