Can I resell my Powerpoint 2007?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Feb 12, 2014.

1. 'Cos I'm about to buy Office 2010.

The PP is the proper full cased version with DVD. Can I just uninstall it, clear the registry of all traces and resell it - as 'used' of course?

Ta muchly.

(And is there any reason why I shouldn't buy Office 2010 from Germany for £25...? :rolleyes:)

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Yes mate. As long as its been un-installed (just use add/remove programs to un-install) i don't believe there is anything in the EULA preventing you from doing this.
    If you have the card/box it came with and the key is in perfect order; should get a few quid on ebay for it. ;)

Um, is your new purchase from a reputable seller?

3. Thanks Fats.

Reputable seller? Um, er, yeah... :rolleyes:

A 3-PC version for £77 :)

Cough - key-code only.

4. FatHands

:)
    As long as the card is sealed (otherwise someone maybe already using that key) - should be OK. From memory, with this type of licensing you need to log in to Microsoft with an associated account (Outlook.com) or passport they may refer to it and download the software to allow you to enter the key and start using it.
    Office 2010 is a nice big download too. Have fun! ;)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  5. Pfffft sealed card? That would be nice. This will be a code sent by email.... And you seemingly have to phone MS to activate it.

But - hey - lots of satisfied customers :rolleyes:

6. FatHands

sounds like used codes mate! The reason for calling them usually is because they can provide you with another key if you play dumb and say something like:

i installed it on a PC that will no longer power on ;)

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Just as long as you know the original username/email address used when the software was first registered. ;);)

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Let me get this straight. You are paying 77 quid for a CODE ONLY ?

Are you MAD ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

9. Yeah, like, you download the softie from t'net, and then use t'code to activate it. Well legit, an' 'at.

AND I can put it on THREE PCs - well awesome, man.

What's wrong with that?

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

You will download it from Microsoft site, I guess? I hope!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

11. FatHands

I've only had to do it from a legit point of view mate although from memory they are pie hot with office 2010 activation. I've heard from a few people who bought such cards (sealed ones), did the download, installed it, activated it - lovely jubbly. Tried the same on another PC and it told them where to go!

12. FatHands

Nothing, if it works :D:p

13. And if it doesn't, then PayPal is your friend.

Now't to lose. :rolleyes:

FatHands likes this.
  14. FatHands

You said that with confidence mate! :eek:

15. joinerjohn1

Well, t'missus has *****d her computer up good n proper. :eek::eek: I reckon, when she turned it off last night, it was updating, so the screen "Installing update No xx of xx. Do not turn your computer off." might have been on the screen. She's not noticed this and turned everything off at the wall. :oops::oops:

Now what to do? Install Ubuntu? Dunno, she plays some of these silly FB games (frontierville etc) and I know neither Chrome nor Firefox on Ubuntu, like these flash intensive games.
    I don't have any install disks for Win XP Pro (as her comp was bought s/h ) Grrrrrr, all this at a time when the car's gone for it's MOT and there's a mountain of bills to pay. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. FatHands

If it fails to start normally mate; tap the F8 key when it's just passed the POST screen (where it says the memory etc) and select safe mode. If it starts in safe mode you can then run a chkdisk - this usually sorts out corrupted updates. Let us know if you need any more help.

17. joinerjohn1

Fats, windows seems to start normally then it just goes back to the start screen saying "Windows detected a problem and cannot start. please select from the following.. It then gives the options Safe Mode,, Safe Mode with networking, Safe mode with command prompt, Last known working setting, and Normally.
    Selecting any of these, modes causes it to re-start, until it just comes back to the same screen. Grrrr, I know my dad thinks I'm the Microsoft technical helpline, but this is slightly beyond me. I can install Ubuntu (just tried it off a usb stick) but as said earlier, some of the games she plays on FB, are rather graphic intensive and will either run slowly or not at all. I don't fancy paying out about £90 + to have Windows re-installed (that's the prices I've seen locally for a complete re-install) If I had the disks/dvd, I'd re-install it myself.

18. FatHands

Ok mate. Do you have stuff on there you need to recover (i.e important files, holiday snaps etc)?
    If so, you could boot from Ubuntu and once on the desktop copy your files to a USB card, hard drive. Then you can attempt a repair of Windows/re-install.

If this is a desktop and you don't have the disk that goes with it - check on the manufacturers website for recovery partition (assuming its not a home made unit).

Hope this helps.
    Fats

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  19. joinerjohn1

Have installed Ubuntu, set her emails up, Chrome etc. There was nothing important she wanted saving, so have installed over the top of Windoze. She's now sat there learning where all of the tabs are on it (slightly different from Win) But at least it's now working again.

20. FatHands

Result! :)