The 40+

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Sep 9, 2017.

1. I wonder who they'll be? Can't wait for tomoz.

I'm anticipating an horrendous rogue's gallery of the most repugnant human beings to populate a recent UK political party, but I guess there may be some surprises in there too.

Anyhoo, if I can be arrissed, I'll post their mug shots - right up to the point where enough people hurl, and the u-s scream "ENOUGH ALREADY!".

2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

"ENOUGH ALREADY!"

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Whats the Guardian been saying now? :rolleyes:

4. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Spam.

Jord86 and longboat like this.
  5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I think he means everyone over 40 yrs old. I haver this image in mind of DA,, Flat cap on and looking very much a double of Victor Meldrew. :p:p:p:p

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

7. Damn - they're not biting tonight :(

(Chust wait until tomorrow, tho'...)

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I might be tempted if I knew what you were on about.

9. joinerjohn1

Try a bigger hook and better bait then DA.. Get yer landing net ready. ;););)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.

10. Yes, I dont belive they dont understand the point you make, or is it ostrich syndrome?

11. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

It'll just be another trollgrenade.

Has anyone else noticed how clickbaity DA's threads are becoming? You have no idea what he's on about until you open them (and sometimes not even then).

I swear he's one step away from "6 reasons why Mr Blair is better than Jesus, number five will shock you!"

Spoiler: Jesus may be watching you. Mr Blair's NTAC means the Government are certainly watching you, your email, your web traffic, your phone records...[1]

[1] not a great Jesus/Blair joke, but the best I could come up with at short notice.

12. Anyone notice how my clickbaity post gets 10 replies in a few hours, whereas btiw2's stunningly wonderful post - "Yes, let's.

Graphene, that wonder substance that's poised to revolutionise electronics and material science.

Discovered by the Nobel prize winners Sir Andre Geim and Sir Konstantin Novoselov - both immigrants - working on projects funded with EU research grants.
    He previously worked in the Netherlands levitating frogs, but our EU membership meant he could freely move and work in Manchester.

Sir Geim, the immigrant, who now says Brexit will gut science in the UK so he's looking at going back to Continental Europe.

Graphene, the wonder substance that the EU Graphene Flagship project has over a billion Euros of research funding to allocate. I wonder where the best and brightest minds will go?

Sir Geim (the immigrant who invented graphene on an EU funded project) who said "At about 4 a.m. it became clear that the Remainers were likely to lose, I went to bed acknowledging the human species were not very smart animals."

And it's graphene, with an "n", not an "m".

I'd like to examine pharmaceutical industry now, or perhaps East Europeans computer scientists and mathematicians.
    But frankly, I don't have the time or enough crayons to explain it to you."
    - did not elicit a single response from Harry.

As I'd anticipated.

Btiw2 - bless - still thinks Brexit is a phenomenon deserving of reason.

13. joinerjohn1

Which thread was Btiw2's reply on DA? I reckon yer getting a tad confusing now. Better seek professional help (don't go to the NHS though,,, it's full of foreigners)

14. It's here, JJ, post #224: http://community.screwfix.com/threads/nick-schon.191151/page-12

A truly fab response (I'd have just mocked Harry's spelling mistake - I even had to look up what 'grapheme' meant - and walked away.)

But, no, btiw2 lives in hope.

Whereas I have had to conclude that a large tract of the British population are hopeless.

15. joinerjohn1

Ahh, a tad unfair to quote from other threads DA, it get's a bit confusing when you do (without reference to the original thread you're quoting from)

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm sure we all thought Harry would rise from the dead and launch a convincing rebuttal at btiw2's post.
    You however, bravely went against the grain of popular opinion and claimed otherwise.

Oh, wise one.

btiw2 likes this.
  17. You haven't read btiw2's post, have you Longs?

Oh twittish one.

18. joinerjohn1

The least you could do is reply to them on the appropriate thread (and quote them on the same thread)

19. joinerjohn1

Respect?? DA thinks that's something to be demanded, not earned. (either that or that defunct political party run by the cat of CBB ) :p:p:p:p:p

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Was it deleted before I had a chance to read it?