Reviews

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by screwfix.peter, Apr 8, 2014.

1. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

There has been some treads recently regarding reviews from @Devil's Advocate and @Hudson's Joinery

We have over 65,000 product reviews on our website. As there is no one better to advise others than you, someone who has used the product! In return you can read other´s reviews to make sure you purchase the right product for the job.

You can also win £100 of Screwfix vouchers every time you review a product. Just rate your recent purchase and you will be entered in to the weekly draw, which is announced on our Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Screwfix and on our Twitter Feed www.twitter.com/Screwfix Remember the more times you review your purchases, the more times you are entered in to the draw.

Peter

2. I just looked and Screw fix don't sell the L Boxx system indavidualy am i still ok review this product ?

3. I didn't know I'd reviewed anything. Other than a kettle...

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I recently reviewed a purchase from SF.... Have I won a hundred quid?? ;);););)

5. I would be nice john wouldn't it

6. joinerjohn1

Most certainly HJ. I recently bought the cheap Erbauer Multitool... Great piece of kit. always wanted a multitool, but couldn't usually afford one.. Now I have the Erbauer, I wish I'd bought one years ago. I was so impressed with the Erbauer, I just had to write a review. ;);)

7. Erbauer are a real up and coming tool manufature looking promasing in the future I have looked into there tools too good price for the machine you are getting

8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

You snivelling load of *...LOL :D

Edited by Screwfix Peter due to unsuitable language

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  9. joinerjohn1

He only said,, "Blaggers." (or perhaps meant blaggers) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I thought he said *

Edited by Screwfix Peter due to unsuitable language

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  11. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Sorry ! :rolleyes:

12. screwfix.peter

Hi

All the winners of our Rate and Win are announced on both our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Screwfix and on our Twitter https://twitter.com/Screwfix

To write a review

Find the item you want to review on www.screwfix.com, click on "Write a review". Log in (or create a new account if not already registered), rate the product on a scale of 1 to 5 for Value, Features, Performance & Reliability and Overall Rating, then write a few words on what's good and bad about the product.

Top Tips on how to write a review
    1. Describe the products best feature.
    2. Describe the products worst feature.
    3. Keep it relevant to the products.
    4. Describe how you used it.
    5. Be careful not to swear, use other company names or add personal data.

There is a new draw every week so more product reviews you leave the more chances you have to win!

Peter

13. yep i have reviewed some but not been posted yet ?

14. screwfix.peter

They can take a few days to appear as they are independently moderated.

Peter

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Are the reviews going to appear with the normal posting or in a separate section?
    I can foresee it becoming very boring reading posts by our more verbose members members about what tool they have just bought.
    Perhaps there should be a probation period because until you have owned a tool for a few months you don't really now how good it is and couldn't give an honest review.
    Would someone writing a review where they thought the item was appalling, heaven forbid, still be eligible for the cash prize?

16. screwfix.peter

Hi Chippie

The reviews I am referring are the product reviews on the product pages on Screwfix.com

Like these

upload_2014-4-16_9-13-34.png

For the Saw, http://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution-rage3-s-210mm-sliding-compound-mitre-saw-240v/60839

All reviews placed for these products are entered in to the draw, we want honest reviews so purchasers can make a informed choice when ordering.

Any reviews, placed on the Screwfix Community are users own posts and choice to post, these are not entered in to the draw, for Review and Win. Full terms and conditions for Rate and Win are listed here http://screwfixcompetitions.com/

I hope this helps

Peter

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Thank you very much, that calms all my fears.

malkie129 likes this.
  18. screwfix.peter

Hi

Further to my posts about reviews and that when you place a review for your purchases.

If you place a review between 21 April and 16 May 2014, you will also be entered in to a draw to win a iPad mini as well as the weekly draw to win £100 of Screwfix Vouchers.

To read all the terms and conditions visit http://screwfixcompetitions.com/

Peter

19. oldie

oldie New Member

I have had a problem with this as they send an email but when you click it you get sent to the SF homepage. Plus the email does not ask what product requires the review. I have written twice they know they have a problem but for some reason cannot fix it