Hot water system

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by oldie, Apr 19, 2014.

1. oldie

oldie New Member

Hi all just moved into a social housing flat that has solar panels and gas central heating I have noticed that when the water in the immersion gets hot I get the same water temperature at the bathroom sink but not at the bath as it is cooler and not at the kitchen sink hot water tap as this is even cooler.

Checked out the pipe work and there is a Global Solutions Mixer pump FWSA 6ST I dont use the immersion a lot but what is noticable is that I will have a tank of hot water in the summer and the only place I will get real hot water is the bathroom sink.

PS I am a spark to trade and have a good idea of water systems but this is a first for me so many thanks in advance for any info

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Sounds like an issue with the mixer pump,very hard question to answer without seeing the layout of the system, your best option would be to call out an engineer.
    Hope you get it sorted.

3. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

4. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Blending valves are fitted to cyl with solar due to high limit stat going as final safety stat, check stat in immersion heater, do you have boiler as 2nd heat source, is cyl stat up, is basin drawn off before blend valve in a/c