History of the Screwfix Forum

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by goldenboy, Apr 20, 2014.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Anyone got any idea what date this forum started? I know I am coming up for 10 years on here now on and off.

Its like a different world on here these days to the old days! There is a lot less trolling on here now. It was like a warzone for a few years!

It must have been one of the trendsetters in terms of trade forums, I do a bit on Boschs forum and a lot on Stanleys, but plenty have come and gone since Screwfix started.

2. "It was like a warzone for a few years!"

Yep, I miss these days.

Looch... :(

3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Probably been explained before, but what happened to Looch? :(

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It was like trying to have a conversation in the middle of a western bar fight.

I am genuinely surprised the authorities didnt just shut it down

If some of those conversations went on today in this climate they might have the cops breaking their door down.

I liken it to the dim dark but fun days of the 70s and 80s football in comparison to today glitzy Premier League.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I loved the anarchy but it is probably a bit more sensible now.

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

It most certainly is , chippie. A lot quieter and more reserved then it used to be. :p:p:p

(if ya want lively debates, head over to diy donuts GD forum,,, Insults abound, a plenty)

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It is much much more sensible than it was before. Sometimes when I drift back onto here I think its a bit too sensible. But it couldnt have carried on like it was before!

8. Malkie, Looch was taken very ill very suddenly - she wouldn't normally have left without saying goodbye.

I hope she's reading this and tutting over how sensible we've all become... :oops:

Missing her bad.

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Malkie, I believe Looch has gorn forever, there was an impostor/troll came on a few months ago trying to be a pretender to the throne but as since dissapeared , Devs is in denial , I'd be highly delighted to be proven wrong, but facts are facts :(

10. joinerjohn1

I have to agree with Tomp.. Looch was the heart and soul of the old forum years ago. Wherever she is, I hope she's enjoying some Gilbert and Sullivan operettas, with her gin. ;);););)

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

What a load of rubbish.

She was a gay bloke who didn't know whether to come or go, and rarely uttered a comment that wasn't sarcastic.

Educated maybe, but far too pretentious for my liking!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

For once I'm going to agree with Handy...no I can't do it.:confused:

13. joinerjohn1

Handy, for all we know, you could be a pre-op t r a n n y. T'interwebthingy is very anonymous. ;););)

14. Mr. Handyandy

I would hope that I had(through my posts over the years) made my feelings quite well-known about those who bat for the other side(and it ain't good). :eek:

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

15. Tom, how would that imposter have known we'd been in touch with her?

But...yes...we've heard nothing since.

16. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Tom, how would that imposter have known we'd been in touch with her?

it was common knowledge, you asked in the leccys for the email, then i asked you on the forum, somewhere inbetween we gave away enough for a troll to put 2+2 together, I've sent 3 or 4 emails since and no reponce, :(

face it devs,

Handy, people in glass houses should not throw stones or take baths, If she/he was gay, its the person that matters not the colour/creed/sexual orinentations, looch helped many with knowledge,experiance and shared those with many. people who care, share, she did't suffer fools gladley , is that why you offer insults towards her?
    you would't do it if she was here, :mad:

17. Mr. Handyandy

Ah, but I would do it if she/he were here. And i did.

Don't get me wrong, no malice is intended, but the unending sarcastic and demeaning manner in which was spoken to most, was boring and needless.

I speak as I find as well you know, but the higher than mighty pretentiousness was too much.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

18. I still think you are mistaken about that 'troll', Tom. I think it was her swansong.

Mr Ha, yes, we all know what you 'think'. And when I can be ars** to do so, I'll show you up for the misguided fool you are.

Sean_ork likes this.
  19. Mr. Handyandy

Ain't seen no evidence of that yet. If only you were able.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

20. You'll have to give me a kiss first.