Grease Titan Breaker TTB280DRH?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by WGRl, Jul 29, 2014.

1. WGRl

WGRl New Member

I have a 15.5 kg 1700W Titan Breaker - Model TTB280DRH. I am extremely happy with it :)

On other breakers I have owned it always says to regularly grease it however in the instruction manual for the titan there is no mention of it all. I find this very odd. There is a gear box cover but nothing about greasing it.

Does anyone have any experience of this model of breaker as regards greasing it and how often?

Cheers

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I wouldn't know on the titan, but what other models have you owned that say to grease, I have owned Bosch Breaker large and small, neither of them needed greasing, as didn't my Kango.

3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I've never used a big breaker, but do they mean grease the steel/chisel like you do with an SDS ?

4. WGRl

WGRl New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies :)
    I always put a little bit of grease on on the chisel.
    It was actually adding grease to the gearbox from time to time I was wondering about just the same as the smaller version of the Titan breaker.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Hi I have scanned in the particular page as I recently purchased this. I am also impressed with the tool:), used it today to put in an air brick in a concrete shuttered house, we had to hold the tool horizontally, a bit difficult but made light work of it. It came with a 2 year guarantee.

Titan.jpg

6. WGRl

WGRl New Member

Thanks Jitender, that's really great :)
    I am well impressed you used this tool horizontally!
    I was reasonably sure that it did need to be greased but what ended up confusing me is the instruction manual for the breaker which is a link on the Screwfix ( http://www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/pa_425995.pdf ) doesn't have anything about greasing it which is a real puzzle.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Quite difficult to hold in the horizontal position as it relies on the weight of the tool to help break the concrete, my 2kg drill didn't touch it. Got a few more jobs planed.

Have hired a Bosch from my local hire shop last year to break up the back garden, it just bounced around.

[​IMG]

8. Phil the Paver

Maybe the newer models don't need greasing hence why you paperwork didn't mention it.

For breaker up concrete on a floor these breaker are rubbish, you need the proper tool.

bosch-gsh-27-heavy-breaker-117-p.jpg

9. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

LOL. I wouldn't even try to use one horizontally Phil. :eek:

Phil the Paver likes this.
  10. Phil the Paver

Hence why I said floor, though I have used mine to break through a wall, serious arm pump.:p:p

11. JLH3553

JLH3553 New Member

Hi WGRI, I just bought this TTB280DRH Titan concrete breaker and even before using it I opened the grease cover, I was expecting to see a large quantity of grease since the box is quite large, however I just saw some/little grease on the moving elements, so the instruction manual regarding the lubrification aspects remains unclear to me since it says to add 30 grams of grease after a 50 hours usage !!!!, what have you finally done ? have entirelly filled the box with lithium grease ? etc..
    BTW , I used it in the past days and it worked great