Best Granite

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by berry00, Aug 20, 2014.

1. berry00

berry00 New Member

How to find best granite for my kitchen. Help me in it and give me some best points of best and long life granite?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

????, Make your mind up.

Marble or Granite.

3. berry00

berry00 New Member

Sorry for this .

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

5. berry00

berry00 New Member

which stone is best in both in your point of view.

6. GrahamTaylor

GrahamTaylor Active Member

I'd always go for granite rather than marble. Marble is a relatively soft alkaline stone. It scratches easily and will react badly to anything acidic. In a kitchen that might be vinegar, any fruit juice (especially lemon), many cleaning materials etc etc. Many marbles are also slightly permeable which means that liquid can be absorbed into the surface so something like a a cooking fat splash or a red wine spill may become a permanent stain. They usually get treated with a sealant when they are installed but that wears off over time ...... overall not a good material for a kitchen but fine if your name is MichaelAngelo and you feel like doing a quick bit of sculpture. Go for granite.

7. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Mmmmmmmmmmm, let's see. A 5 year old thread and a new post by a worktop company in a worktop thread.
    If i had some fried eggs and chips on the go.....................i'd think this was spam.