Rated People

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Ginty Mac, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Ginty Mac

Ginty Mac New Member

Hi There,

I have been reading all the gossip about Rated People. And, yes, I must agreed with the Majority of those of you who state that it is a Sham.

You purchase Leads from this lot, and they either don't have the correct contact number or the wrong email details, thus you end up with what I had after couple of months: 12 Refunds, which keep going around and around and around. You know.......you pay all that money out for a service to get work, but in the end, you just end-up out of pocket and sitting watching TV all day.

Therefore, I would advice anyone thinking of joining RATED PEOPLE, to stay away from them. If you value your money.

Cheers

justj likes this.
  2. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

I agree, Rated People sucks!!

3. Mblack

Mblack Member

Oh please don't tell me you thought rated peeps were going to help 1. Tradesmen or 2. Customers, no chance they're here to take advantage end of.

4. Ian Subeaze

Ian Subeaze New Member

You guys should have a look at Subeaze.com, letting all subcontractors of any trade register for free at the moment for life. No tricks or gimmicks. No pressure either.

* has a vidoe to watch if you go on and click, 'how does it work' the video will explain it all.

Worth a look chaps

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator 1 due to unsuitable content

5. Ian Subeaze

Ian Subeaze New Member

PS i know they are populating the site at the moment before they approach the employers to register to sign up too.

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator 1 due to unsuitable content

6. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

I had my flat roof re-covered by a Rated People contact and it now leaks. Rated People are not interested in helping me contact the guy that did the work!

7. demrece

demrece New Member

8. demrece

demrece New Member

Hi , I am a gas engineer/plumber and I have a tradesman account with Rated People for last 2 years. I pay £40 per each 3 months + price for each lead. Last one year I did not buy any leads from them because I have enough job to do but continued to pay them £40 for each 3 months.
    Just now before Christmas 2013 I paid £51.20 for a lead 'combi boiler replacement'. They sent me contact details of the client. I contact the client and ask him for available day and time to visit the property, to check the system and be able to give him a quote. Client said that access is not possible at first . On second call by me , he told me that job is not more available ,because his council accept to do the job. I call back Rated People and ask my £51.20 for this lead to be given back as a credit. They told me that the amount can not be given back and they changed their policy since 10.12.2013 and there is not any more 'refund policy'. I can not describe to you my RAGE.My rating is full 5 stars. They just sell contact details of the client to 3 tradesman and finish.They got their money. Clients does not lose anything but we as a tradesman losing money.Rated People started to stealing our money. We pay and get NOTHING .

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    justj likes this.
  9. justj

justj New Member

I've had a LOT of experience with them over the last 18months +

I TOTALLY agree -

But now the problems are worse!..

The *updated* policies are MORE ridiculous.

Management impossible to contact (only outsourced call centre - "whom only have the power to pass on a message") management have NEVER responded to me once

(ALTHOUGH I had a VERY SERIOUS complaint about policy - which at the time was NOT implemented legally due to the discrepancies between website & iphone app)

RP = a lot of RISK to the tradesperson

(To learn your lesson could cost a LOT of your money!)

& RP operate a zero refund policy...

Which basically means (if) you ever get any "credit" it is directly applied to your account balance - to simply use or lose! (& you could be in the same position with the next lead you purchase!)