FFRREEEEEDDDOOOOOOOMMMM!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Sep 11, 2014.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Nah Cheb, The UK will become known as the Former United Kingdom,, so England's FUK'ed for sure. :p:p:p

2. If Scotland gains its independence as a result of the forthcoming referendum, the remainder of the UK will be known as the "Former United Kingdom" (***). In a bid to discourage the Scots from voting "yes" the English government has begun a campaign with the slogan "Vote NO for ***'s sake." They feel that Scottish voters will warm to this.

(Ach - I hadnae realised JJ had done the same choke...)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  3. proby

proby Active Member

I think I'm right in saying salmond has said Scotland needs mass immigration to support the ageing population of Scotland. That means two things, a gate way to the rest of the uk, and the Scotland you know changed beyond recognition.
    Cheb, they won't be in the EU, NATO or the UN. So no protection at all.

4. Up in my homeland - the Utter Hebrides - it is truly unpleasant with a sea of Yes placards and Saltires obliterating the landscape. And screaming, boorish hoards of misguided wielders.

Like with religion, the newly-converted ('born-again') are the most zealotic, and the most impervious to rational discussion.

It is truly horrible - truly mindless, truly radicalised.

Undoubtedly, the more inadequate the mind, the stronger the 'YES!'.

5. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I have a feeling that if they do vote YES, Scotland will be as independent as an unemployed teenager living at home with his mum.
    I just can't see it being truly independent.

6. proby

proby Active Member

I think you are both right, if it's a yes vote the separation will drag on for years arguing about the spoils to share out with politicians and lawyers making fortunes. And DA is right just like religion you get the my way is the only way crowd. I just can't for the life of me see how it would work with borders and the like.

7. If they do vote 'yes', watch with anticipation for the implosion.

At the moment, many - most? - of the yessers are hearing 'yes' to everything they ask for - even tho' much of it counters what others are also expecting. "I'm voting yes for that..." and "I'm voting yes for this..."

Reality is going to hit these people very hard.

A simple question - how will the rest of the EU (and much of the world) greet a new independent Scotland? Will they want it to succeed?

For many many reasons, the answer will be 'no'.

Will the last person to leave the country please flush the loo.

8. proby

proby Active Member

Damn looks like we're stuck with scotish newsreaders :)
    To be honest I don't understand why they wanted independence half the MPs in Westminster seem to be scots including Prime ministers past and presentish

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

and now can we get on with the more important things,,mr Devs please check your emails, I know you have many, check the one you gave me ;)