SHED INSULATION HELP

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Hutcho, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Hutcho

Hutcho New Member

Hi I have a 20 x 10 ft shed I have insulated the walls with foil back xtratherm and the roof with foil bubble wrap, I had to go behind the board and noticed the wood was wet, it is definitely not a leak as this was not a problem before I put boarding up. I was wondering if anyone would know what I can do to prevent this

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Airflow between the outer boards and the insulation is required to stop condensation.

3. Hutcho

Hutcho New Member

Yeah I have left a gap between the insulation and the shed wall

4. Hutcho, where exactly is this dampness? Can you describe every layer of the wall from out side to in, and where it's wet?

marcusnicholas likes this.
  5. Muzza80

Muzza80 New Member

Really you need a vapour barrier on the inside of the insulation, what happens is warm vapour from inside the (now well insulated) shed will get behind the insulation, and as it cools it can condense on and inside the wall fabric in the same way that you get condensation on the surface of single glazed windows.

Fit a polythene VCL inside, after the insulation, and then board up over that (if you plan on boarding that is) should sort your problem.

6. Muzza80

Muzza80 New Member

I've just realised this thread is years old! Oops! Was only on page 8 or 9 too.....