Is it me or is this Charity too expensive ??

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Welshdragon1, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Prices do seem a bit high, I'm more intrigued as to where they get this stuff from, how many people would donate good working cordless drills to a charity ???.

3. Welshdragon1

Not just cordless drills, there's allsorts like plumbing / electrical / tyres / showers / under sink water heater 3D Desktop printer / VW Brake discs etc

I am thinking that these are not donations, but bought from suppliers, with their high mark up on the end price, using the Charity name in the hope to get the sales.

If not bought from suppliers, then it may be dodgy as where their kit comes from

4. Owain

Owain Member

Possibly a business has donated them due to closing a shop etc, or they've had a big effort at obtaining donations from businesses.

5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

yeah i agree. a lot of people assume ebay is the cheapest place to buy too. ive seen a few things go for more than at a retailers. crazy!

6. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I've had a few good deals on ebay, but like Fats, I've seen some stupid prices being asked for and you really must know what is being offered! :eek:

7. Welshdragon1

That's a possibility I wouldn't rule out ;)

I am on the understanding that some put the prices up rather than show out of stock, then there are the greedy bunch etc