Under cabinet vent

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by petewild, Jan 26, 2015.

1. petewild

petewild Member

Hello, hoping someone can suggest a clever way to conceal a messy hole in the bottom of a wall cabinet.
    To cut a long story short, I had a very old boiler that was inside a wall cabinet. When the British Gas man came to service it, he said the ventilation was inadequate, so suggested cutting a hole to vent it, (essentially remove most of the top and bottom of the cabinet).
    Now we have had a newer and much smaller boiler fitted, that doesn't need as much ventilation, so want to tidy up the hole at the bottom of the cabinet with some sort grille cover, or any other clever ideas, that will still provide a bit of ventilation, but look tidier.
    Doesn't bother me but the Mrs who is a bit shorter, complains she can see the mess under the cabinet !
    The hole is just short of 300 x 500mm and I cant find a grille that big.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

As far as I know, and I am sure a plumber will shoot me down in flames if I am wrong, modern boilers vent to the outside and do not need internal vents.

3. Can you post some photos please, if I understand correctly the plumber has cut top and bottom from a boiler housing unit?