Rules and regs

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by flateric, Feb 28, 2015.

1. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

I have been on here for a few months now, I started off trying to offer a bit of advice here and there I enjoyed it but toned it down a bit as no matter what advice was given from whom or what about there were opinions and contradictions.... fair enough.
    People come on here asking advice and receive it, I am sure that most people appreciate the advice given but could well get confused when they need advice how to lift a socket, bend pipe, where to knock a nail in. ...And bingo............. Regulation blah blah blah blah ........... Most people want advice not a debate. I am old school as are a few others on here. When I started work and was in training the Health and safety at work act 1974 was introduced the unions exploited this and bought companies to their knees. So for all those that quote this quote that I do it by the book ...................... No you don't you never have done you never will do. We all have to think now and again.............. This will have to do........... There is no way you can do it word for word reg for reg and make living.... So for all you preachers out there who see a problem then scour the net then make out that you are holier than thou I am the bees knees I know it all, the reason being you have found the answer on another forum solely so you can berate others.

From me personally ***** Off

I am sure there are many genuine people on this forum that only want to help others here in fact I know there are many that do.

If you are offended by this post then in my eyes you fall well within the above.

If not then I am sure your input is appreciated

Well that's my rant for the night

Some may like this post I am sure many will not

For those that do I thank you in advance .......... For those that do not please use your imagination :D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    teabreak and plumber-boy like this.
  2. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I always like your posts Flats and I totally agree with you.;)

flateric likes this.
  3. flateric

It may well be me and thee v the world :)

4. plumber-boy

Let's go to war Flats,but I'm sure Tom,Phil,JJ will be in the trenches with us and a few more.;)

5. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Brothers in arms eh?.:D

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I agree there is a place for quoting regs (like not using a guy that knocks on your door to do the drive and then quotes you for a new gas boiler:)) but the barrack room lawyers can get a bit OTT and take a thread way off topic with quote after quote:eek:. The result is the OP gets put off and gets little help in the end.:(

flateric likes this.
  7. flateric

There will be a few but alas the pompous *** holes will have a rant if so they can as I said use their imaginations :D

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Why bring me into it, ( knocks on door to do your drive), nowt wrong with a bit of illegal gas work on the side. :D

9. plumber-boy

That's it Phil,you've got to earn your crust.:eek::p

10. Phil the Paver

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms:

Jitender and plumber-boy like this.
  11. Phil the Paver

To right, gotta feed my horse.

article-2152627-03FADBA70000044D-747_468x338.jpg

:p:p:p

FatHands and plumber-boy like this.
  12. flateric

You have got to get your van sign written Phil :D

13. plumber-boy

14. flateric

Just out of interest Phil what cc is your hoss

15. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I can only agree Flats. We offer advice, but can't be liable for contravention of H & S regs. I'm retired now & thankfully don't have to comply, but must admit that sometimes I couldn't have done the job by sticking to the rules & regs....Well, I got away with it & no major damage! ;)

16. flateric

Most of it is **** anyway mal you could still do what you did 20 years ago now and your work would still be sound. Pen pushers and profiteers ?????????? don't we just love em. They are all short of a few days graft the lazy barstewards :D

malkie129 likes this.
  17. Och, that vid, Phil, reminds of the only decent (half...) thing that Knopfler has done.

Mind you, he did produce one of BD's very best albums, and may even have done the lead on this track (at 3.25, if you really can't be bovvered listening to one of the great songs of all time evs...) (unless it was Mick Taylor?).

18. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

me, I give advice to do a job as I would do it, take it or leave it,
    thoughts from a older plumber who was my mentor,,,

you can walk alongside a bloke with a wooden leg, but you can't talk alongside a bloke with a wooden yed, ( Wigan word for head)

19. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Sounds like these legal beagles, need to keep their wigs on :p :D:D

20. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

All cool Flats ;)

flateric likes this.