Amendment 3 electrical installation certificates

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sams, Mar 2, 2015.

1. sams

sams Member

Any One using Easicert ?

if so have you noticed the electrical installation certificate has now increased to 5 pages

Apparently the new amendment 3 requires the electrical installation certificate to use the same schedule as the electrical condition report.

why do we have to put up with this **** ? as if we don't have enough paper work to contend without making the certificates more complicated and time consuming to complete ?

2. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

I have not tried it since the updates sams but I have 4 to do :(

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  3. sams

sams Member

the tick box checks have been increased from 44 to 120

4. flateric

I remember reading that somewhere a while back, so no matter what happens now any time in the future we are in the **** :(

5. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Yes I am using EasyCert and I have briefly looked at the new 5-pager. :(

6. sams

sams Member

Not are the customers only getting getting an electrical installation certificate there also getting a free electrical condition report for the same price

7. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Does the new EIC require us to test work we have not conducted?

8. flateric

I could do with a job van driving dropping a few things here and there, this shoyte is p.issing me off. Grafting for living is getting worse dossing about doing fookall getting easier and pays better **** the self esteem its worth bowlocks. Lets all sign on and **** it. :D

9. sams

sams Member

Or just become a joiner or painter no annual inspections, no updates to keep buying, no going home at the end of the day and doing test certificates, and of course the money is better too

10. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

I am still using my old certs until July, ferk it.

On another note, has anyone seen the price of these new flameproof ****** cu's?

Wilts has them £400.00 plus vat plus Breakers!!

Wont be fitting many of them

11. sams

sams Member

Its hard enough trying to sell them a plastic consumer unit at £80.00, they nearly faint when you tell them the price

12. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I might have missed the boat here but why cant you just use a normal metal clad one. Another daft question, even a flame proof CU will have a load of plastic breakers/rcds sticking through the front, when these melt you will have a big gaping hole.

13. sams

sams Member

they have to have a metal door to cover the circuit breakers so everything is totally enclosed in steel

14. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Or Wilts are plugging Thermarestor to combat it!

15. flateric

I recall the 17th boards being pricey when they first came out, but that's the manufacturers for you ....... all our loyal customers lets shaft them once more. You are worth nothing to the greedy barstewards . [​IMG]