uk

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Mr. Handyandy, May 23, 2015.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

sank pwan

pffft. well deserved!

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Far too political these days (has been for years) About time we dropped out of Eurovision,, costs us money too (2008 cost the BBC (us) £173,000 in fees as we're one of the "Big Five" )

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

We could have the best song ever written and we still wouldn't win, Europe doesn't like us, end of.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

According to various media reports in the week a least 380000 EU members liked us in the past year.

5. Phil the Paver

No, they like what they can get, house, money, etc, etc, but still they didn't vote for us.

Having said that it seems that we're not the only superpower in Europe not liked, Germany and France it appears are liked even less, so all is not lost. :D:D

6. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Good show though (I even managed to stay awake through the voting).
    I've got to say that the UK got it wrong with those "Hi Tec flashing LED lights" that were sewn into the costumes" :rolleyes:.
    They should have got dressed up more in elaborate Twenties fashion style costumes (which is what our song was all about) - having said that I didn't think that it wasn't sung or performed particularly well either.
    It is the Euro-VISION song contest!

Sweden combined a good song with some highly original live visual animation and for me disserved winners.

Russia didn't get all the political votes from their neighbouring countries that they normally do this time (otherwise they could have won).

And what about last years run away winners and host nation Austria getting a "nu pwah" this time out (they even set the piano on fire)! (now that had to be worth something)!

The UK came 24th out of 27 with 5 points.
    Next year maybe.....sigh;)
    Tappy,

7. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

I said the exact same last night to the missus, they all hate Britain, but before I had chance to finish my sentence she did it for me and said " they love our benefits system though"

8. Tsk, the other countries don't hate Britain - they are envious of us... :D

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Anyone else think that our song was just some sort of rip-off from 'The Jungle Book' ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Now you mention it Andy it was! Perhaps another reason we didn't score many points!

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Yeah
    Had to post this to get my name up to trawl through my posts. Doesn't seem to be any other way.

12. Phil the Paver

Did you mean trawl, or troll. :D