Prepped all the room with new plaster, sanded wood etc.. What to do next?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Danturboc, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Danturboc

Danturboc Member

I have finally got this room ready for some lining paper now. Its got 1 complete new stud wall skimmed with plaster and the other 3 walls also have a skim of plaster on most of it.

So i need to know what order to do it all in and what exactly to do next? I have read that i need to seal the new plaster with a diluted mix of wallpaper paste before i do anything.

Here is the room in question:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have sanded all the wood down to so i know that will need a coat of primer then gloss but again at what point should i do that?

Its all going to be lined with lining paper to hopefully give a nicer finish.

Any help much appreciated :)

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It's not super critical, but I'd primer/undercoat woodwork.
    Size walls and hang lining paper. Leave to dry then caulk any cracks/gaps. Paint ceiling, walls. Light sand of woodwork then gloss.

Gatt, Danturboc and FatHands like this.
  3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

My preference would be just to paint all the walls without papering, and do just parer the ceiling if it inst terribly good when painted. I you have gone to all the effort of preparation.

As you have fitted new woodwork, best to seal the knots using knotting solution, or use a good undercoat primer.

Danturboc and FatHands like this.
  4. Danturboc

Danturboc Member

I definately want to line everywhere as the walls are not perfect.

I will follow those guidelines.

5. Boolay

Boolay Member

Caulk once you've primered and given the ceiling and walls the first coat

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Forget size, seal all walls with Zinsser Bullseye and then hang your lining paper.

7. Boolay

Boolay Member

Good advice, especially on those walls

8. Danturboc

Danturboc Member

Ive sorted it now. Will get a few pics up when its all done. Thanks guys