11.1mm arbour in a 10mm chuck

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Rich the bodger, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Rich the bodger

Rich the bodger New Member

That's what I'm after but just with a normal adaptor not a sds one.

2. You can either remove your existing chuck and replace it with that one (after removing the SDS adaptor) or else chust clamp the SDS-spigot-with-chuck in your current chuck - as it it were a drill - and fire away.

Jobbie jobbed. In two ways.

I think...

3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I see your suggestion DA is a 1/2 UNF thread, but I suspect that a 10mm chuck would have a 3/8 thread. aSDS adaptor should fit in a 10mm chuck. o_O

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

And I'm out :)

5. I'm going by the OP saying he currently has a keyless Bosch and that this chuck is advertised as being for "Makita, Dewalt Bosch drills". So I am assuming that this chuck will be a straight-froward replacement for his own, so problem theoretically solved.

But he doesn't even have to do that - he can simply slip this fella into his existing chuck using the SDS spigot wot comes with it.

Or am I missing something?

6. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

That's what I've said DA. :rolleyes:

7. Ooooh - I beg to differ :p

"I see your suggestion DA is a 1/2 UNF thread, but I suspect that a 10mm chuck would have a 3/8 thread..." - is that not suggesting that the chuck fittings could have different threads, so this new chuck won't fit his drill?

8. Rich the bodger

Rich the bodger New Member

So in the end followed chippies advice. Bought a new chuck and swapped it over. Seems a bit big for the drill but does the job. Swapped back over after. Job done.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Glad it worked for you.