PVC door will not open

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Janis, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Janis

Janis New Member

Hi,

So, I'm having the following problem, my PVC door will not open, handle is moving in all position's, I can lean upper side, but when I try to open it's stuck on down side. So I removed upper hinge leaned door and moved downside mechanism and opened the door. Problem was, downside mechanism is not responding on handle when it's moved from lean position to open position. What could be the problem, broken screw, metal plate? I'm having Maco (year 2005) hardware. I will dismantle door this weekend anyway, just wanted to ask if anyone have had similar problem so I could prepare. And I'm not having problems with getting my hands dirty, so I will try to fix it myself.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Get some graphite lock powder,a excellent dry lubricant give a squirt into the lock's keyway & multi latch locking points.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Nah. It's broken. Or come out of cog. Taking it apart you will see. You can remove bottom one and continue with just top one(so you can open and shut it), but replacement sounds likely.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select