Is Click & Collect going down hill?

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by BarryH, Nov 25, 2015.

1. BarryH

BarryH Member

I have recently placed three orders for Click & Collect through Screwfix Chesterfield and had problems with all of them.

Every time I've tried to order through the online Click & Collect the system has not worked, it goes into a loop when I try to pay for the items I want. I've always had to place the orders by telephone through the Screwfix Helpline.

When I went to collect my latest order from Screwfix Chesterfield today, it wasn't even ready and that's after giving them four days to sort it out.

I'm beginning to think that Click & Collect is not worth all the bother. I even have to go through the whole process of having my credit card details and pin number checked again even though I have already paid for everything when placing the order. I never have the same problems with Argos or other stores when I use their Click & Collect service what's wrong with Screwfix. Not very impressed at all.

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @BarryH

I am sorry to hear you have been having problems with our Click and Collect service.

Please email our Customer Service Team at online@screwfix.com with the full details and they will investigate and advise.

We have a chip and pin check in place as goods are paid for when ordered, unlike other retailers you mention who just reserve stock. This check is in place to insure that only the card holder can collect the goods they have ordered and paid for.

Regards

Peter