Skip hire

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Broady778, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Broady778

Broady778 New Member

Hi all i need an 8 yard skip and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations i am in the cannock lichfield area in staffs

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Best to ring around for the best prices. You can get a 8yrd builders skip here for £165 (off road) - this is for hardcore and soil only. Domestic waste will be dearer.

If the skip is on the raod, it will cost £30-40 extra.

CGN likes this.
  3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Good advice from Jit. Check what you can and can't put in it...some company's don't allow plaster board any more, even in a 'mixed skip'. Last one I used cost £180 inc vat in South Birmingham.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

8yd skips also come with doors, you will have to request one though otherwise it may not be provided.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Always make sure you pay them the money or this may happen.

Dave Marques and Gary1240 like this.
  6. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Ha ha quality !

7. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Takes me back a few years that , installed a shopfront in an Indian Restuaraunt that had a brick put through the window by a **** head on the Saturday night , emergency call out to board up & re glaze & tidy up etc ...

The * wouldn't pay so returned removed the external timber beads , putty still nice n soft , suckers on lifted the glass straight on to the glass frail on the side of the van , pmsl the owner come out with a wad of notes out the till Shouting .... " how much I owe you ?

Priceless moment that !

Edited due to unsuitable language attempting to bypass the profanity filter.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    gadget man and Johnik like this.
  8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Even at the recycling center they only allow a certain amount of plasterboard to be disposed of. the container is now fenced off, and one has to get approval from the adviser. Was nearly charged £24 (0-100kg) to dispose of 3 bags of plaster :(

Unfortunately this won't help, as people will just end up putting it in normal waste, which will end up in landfill anyway.

10. steve deegan

steve deegan New Member

does anyone have a contact for the nsha? have been on their site, but cannot find a way to contact them. have had trouble with a company and need to report it, as they havent picked up the skip, despite saying they would do so that same day, and it's been nearly a week, they sent a smaller size that what we paid for, and they are also saying that they haven't taken payment for it, despite someone taking card details over the phone and the driver not dropping the skip off until he had been told payment had been made.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Round here skip hire firms, no longer have drop door skips, all been welded shut.:eek:
    Last 8yd skip I had here, I just cut the weld off with the gas torch, loaded skip & rewelded skip door shut.:rolleyes::eek:

Iron_Mike likes this.
  12. sohailcodeage

sohailcodeage New Member

I was looking for a skip bin hire after the garden and lawn mowing and maintenance because I had a huge amount of waste which can be carried only by a medium-size skip bin. So, I decided to hire a skip bin service providing company. I searched over the internet and found MelbourneSkips. They have a FREE quote service which makes us able to discuss our rubbish removal requirements to the MelbourneSkips representative on the phone call. He suggested me medium-size skip bin after a long discussion for the rubbish removal of my home.

You can have a look at their this service online. Here is their website official Link: https://www.melbourneskips.com.au/

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

So, about 10,592 miles to deliver a skip to me.:eek:

14. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Very useful. I'm sure you'll pick up loads of work off here.

15. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

No problem getting them in Lancashire. Thing with skips is to be really neat when you fill them :p. If you smash up anything that can be smashed, and neatly stack anything that can be neatly stacked you will get twice as much in as if you just chuck stuff in. Price skips are these days, it pays to take your time filling them carefully.

16. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I think the OP probably has sorted his skip by now, as he needed it 5 years ago!

Took a look at that site, somewhat more expensive than my local place!

17. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

18. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Appreciate it's an old thread, but the tale is older:

Moved into current house to find a (full) 2 yard skip on the lawn left by the vendor. Called the number on the site: not been paid for so we won't lift it OK says I: it's not my skip, not my debt and you are trespassing. My pal who has skip company will lift it tomorrow. They lifted it that day.

19. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

More expensive than local when I checked their site.