Replacing EP2002 controller

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Andy Beer, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Andy Beer

Andy Beer New Member

I'm planning to replace an old EP2002 central heating / hot water controller with an LP112 unit. Could someone please confirm that apart from the N, L and 1 to 5 terminals, everything else on the backplate of the EP2002 are passive connections which I can put in a separate junction box? More specifically, I'm assuming that terminals A to D are individual connection points, whilst the small 4 connector strips on the left and right are fully interconnected? Thanks for any help.

2. heatyman

heatyman Well-Known Member

Without looking at a wiring diagram which I don't have to hand, I'm pretty sure you are right. The lp112 requires L & N, plus HWoff, HWon and CH on. The EP series used the base as a junction box and was useful as the lift up flap enabled access to all the circuitry for fault finding. These days, all your thermostat, pump and boiler connections are in a separate wiring centre

3. Andy Beer

Andy Beer New Member

Thanks Heartman. I changed the controller successfully, reproducing the spaghetti of interconnections in a separate box, which has ten cables coming out of it! The wiring for the LP112 itself is clean and simple.