Site level

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Apb2, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just got the Bosch GLL 3-80 P.

Really impressed, bought as a kit with the detector (without tripod).

Happy didn't go for a site level, this is more compact and offers 360 lines.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Went for my choice then.:oops::p

Very nice piece of kit, was very tempted by the demo of one,to add one to my collection, but resisted.

There is a pole mount bracket for it,which fits the Bosch pole (BT350 & around £90 or so), look around for a plaster board support poll to use, cheaper option, I picked one up at Aldi last for £12.

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/...0 350Cm Telescopic Pole With Mounting Bracket

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Needed one quite badly, couldn't wait any longer :) This one or one of the Dewalt ones looked good.

The beam inst too bad can bee seen.

My first experience with lasers want good, cheap one from Argos (£30) many years ago, not accurate which put me off.

This one is good, got the detector and the wall bracket.

The 3 lines is really good feature, which can all be switched on together or independently.

Will be ordering some universal columns for the loft conversion, so the line is perfect in this scenario as all the beam padstones/plates need to go in accurately, but can see so many uses for this.

Still made in china though, like most Bosch items.

Even Hilti laser levels sold on eaby are from here too (which seller claims to be genuine).

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I was rather impressed with the Bosch GLL 3-80 P, it's uses are endless, as is a pole mount,rock solid,set it up in one corner of a room, so much handier than a tripod which be moved, knocked, or in the way at times, seldom use a tripod now indoors.

Would think Stabila LT30 pole mount will also fit Bosch level,if enough clearance.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Having the 2 or 3 axis beams is really useful, a bit tricky trying to position it so the line fall exactly in the corners, but did one line at a time.

Using a string line to find the center of the room, would have needed 2 people.

Outside today the beam is hard to see, it needs to be used with the receiver and in 'pulse' mode.