Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Ooh, that's almost a bit nasty.

Good job I don't take you seriously.

(Psssst - no-one else on here does either...)

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Because as we have seen, the people with the real power in the EU (the EU Commission) are unelected. They are appointed DA. We have absolutely no say in who can serve on the EU Commission. You seem to be happy with such a dictatorship. Would you be happy if our UK government were not elected and held to account every 5 yrs or so?

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Don't you find that almost everyone else on here is shouting you down?

You won't care because you think of them as morons for the opinion they hold.

Do you also not realise that the spiel you come out with, is driving them AWAY from voting in?

You are being walked on by the EU, and you are allowing them to put 'baby in the corner'! You will soon be trapped with a law(or devastating punity) against you from getting out.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Mr. Handyandy

Devil's Advocate said:
    Hmmmmmmm, you really wonder, do you? :rolleyes:

The answer is - Germany would not be able to bale out these industries either. 'Cos that's the EU rules.

It's what provides the agreed level playing field.

JJ & Mr Ha, don't pretend for a minute that Germany would do stuff against the rules that Britain won't. 'Cos that is just scurrilous, mendacious, pernicious nonsense. (Yes, I'm lovin' the "ouses")

Ok, Italy would try to - as would France from a few years back - and might even get away with it to some extent. But, Germany? No.

Why? Because they are probably more ethical in their dealings than even we are. And they run things so well that they probably wouldn't even have to consider doing it.

I know that sticks in your craw, but there it is.

So a government (EU member)can't step in to save it's own industries?

That's a good thing is it?

When the government has lost all it's industries, who is Hitler?

Who has us by the throat?

And YOU want this?

You are full of *

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. Mr Ha, you and Phil x 2 and Longs and Probes and perhaps a couple others are all 'shouting me down'.

That is absolutely fine. Really.

It's not a problem. I understand. It's ok, man.

Just look at the quality of your lot's 'arguments', for gawd's sakes - it's like communicating with children. Simple and simplistic.

On the other hand, there's a few who are not shouting me down, and are broadly in agreement with me - tho' happy to point out the differences. Y'know, KBJ and Chips and Paul (Thank you for being here, gents :).)

Guess what they have in common, Mr Ha?

Well done - you've noticed.

On a completely different order of articulacy. Reason. Humanity. Consideration. Lack of cynicism. Devoid of conspiracy theories.

They see things as they are.

6. As the much-missed Hitch could have said of you; if they gave you an enema, they could bury you in a matchbox.

7. Mr. Handyandy

Says he who has all the theories against Boris, Gove et al.

Pffffffft!

Guff.

8. I rest my case.

Anyhoo, can't we get back to the real issue at heart, here?

Actually, let's chust forget it...

9. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

I think you'll find it's the Chinese, Kuwaitis and Saudis that own a large percentage of whatever assets haven't already been flogged off to the French and Germans as almost all our utilities have.If we leave the EU, the French and Germans will still own our water, gas and electricity (and postal service), but freed from EU regulations controlling fair competition, they can drive other, domestic providers out of the market creating a monopoly. Not really preferable is it?

10. Hah! But we'll stop buying their German cars if they try anything like that on!! They need US more than we need THEM!! Sorted!!!!!!

(Ok, Englishfolks, don't buy that nice Merc or BMW. Er, please stop buying them. PLLEEEEEEEEZZZ!)

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm quite sure the UK has its own laws regarding monopolies and competition.

I take it they will also be scrapped when your prophecy of a one party (tory) state emerges from the hellish, lawless, waste of a country, created following a uk-eu split up.

Mind you, with your pal, Mr Beige as leader (more the figurehead or chump that picked the short straw) of the opposition, it may as well be a one party state, now.

12. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

The UK also has pretty strict laws on election expenses. There is no reason to suppose that the laws on monopolies would not be treated with equal contempt. The problem is that if people do not feel they are being heard through the political process, they may resort to other means. There are way too many people at the bottom of the heap, who have been cruelly treated by this vile Government. Given free rein, they would reduce the working person to the same state as a mediaeval serf.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  13. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

The problem is, its the EU that's causing the raise in the far right movement, the EU is to far left in its open door policy, not so much free movement of people, but its open door to refugees, that in turn abuse the hospitality of the country taking them in, Austria has no go areas as does Germany, all due to refugees attacking and robbing/raping people.
    This is deliberately hidden from main stream news for fear of it causing ordinary people to revolt against the refugees.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  14. Anyhoo, I'm voting out 'cos petrol will be cheaper.

Phil, you really think you can get away with blaming the rise of extremist parties on the EU?! Well - ohmahgawd.

The decimal point in your supposed IQ has shifted - like the Labour party - one more digit towards the left.

Is there nothing that the EU isn't responsible for?

Just one moment's thought should make you realise that swings towards extreme parties is what pretty much always happens following a financial hit or similar crisis. It's what led to the rise of Hitler, for example. (There, a correct use of 'Hitler' in the EU argument... :rolleyes:)

And I don't think the EU is responsible for Trump and Sanders?

It's chust...incredible what you say.

Don't think for a second that anyone (other than the usual suspects) are taking you comments seriously.

(I'll check back later - I expect there'll be a few 'likes' for your comment... ;))

15. Phil the Paver

The people of the countries where the far right are gaining momentum are blaming the EU, hence the raise in the right-wing movement, it nowt to do with me, so if you don't mind, I'll move the decimal point, back right one. :):):)

16. Phil the Paver

This is an investment fund company poll on the EU referendum.

https://www.willisowen.co.uk/#_

Open the site, then click on the blog page at top right.

This was the page at 17.30 today.

Screenshot_2016-05-31-17-31-19.png

17. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

You know I'm starting to change my viewpoint regarding staying put to leaving.

I think we had a nice little trading group until the EU started to let the eastern block countries join.
    I'm now thinking west is west and east is east and they should never meet and we would actually be better off out of the EU.
    Tappy,

18. Mr. Handyandy

There ya go DA. Another convert thanks to you!

19. As long as you put a lot of thought into all the issues, Tappy...

20. Just how long do you spend surfing the 'net to find things to post to try and make your 'argument'? :):rolleyes: