Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

A tale; told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

But that's life eh? It's a funny old game.

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

No. I was referring to the football. The programme having half an hour left to run. After the disgrace of the England cricket - sorry, football team's performance, they may as well have ended the show there and then. There are no words.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Breaking News,,, Bonny Tyler has released a DVD of England goalkeeping blunders,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It's totally, clips of Joe Hart. :p:p:p:p

gadget man likes this.
  4. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Quite right John....having discussed the referendum for weeks now with many people below the age of 30 it has come to my notice that a great majority know NOTHING of the history of GREAT BRITAIN.
    I always ask for ballpark figures to questions to find out what people actually know.....and what they are basing their opinions on.
    Try these on people and you will be shocked.(just ask for dates...and general ideas)
    Partition of India ?
    The Raj
    Battle of Britain
    population of the following.....UK, germany, France Spain, OZ, NZ, USA, Canada, Japan, Brazil.
    Size of countries compared to UK............. germany, France Spain, OZ, NZ, USA, Canada, Japan, Brazil.
    When did Shakespeare live....etc.
    Then ask them about iphones, apps, pizza, football, Zlist celebs, and soap operas......
    It's frightening.
    RS

5. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

6. That is shameful, JJ.

Shameful you would try and use this completely bogus point.

7. Were you striking a 'superman' pose as you typed that, Longs?

Them's were the days! When men were men! You sorted out issues by giving them a bludy nose!

Not like these namsie pamsie loons who want this 'peace' malarkey between our former enemies. And to promote these pansy human rights carp! And who want success for all!

NOOOOOO! WE DON'T WANT THAT!

BRING IT ON!

ENG-ER-LAAAAND!

(Dear gawd...)

8. Er...um...uh... :(

9. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

Just ask them to define what the UK is, if they say it's a country you know your talking to a complete Twonk.

10. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

I'm a complete twonk then as I'd have included that in a definition.

11. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I know this is just a joke in very poor taste but it is this sort of attitude that encourages some idiots in the loony right to commit racist attacks that have already seen an increase.
    What would you do John with Polish people living and working in this country many from 1956 and yes many more recently?
    I notice that Boris Johnson mumbled that there would be no change to British people living and working in the rest of the EU and vice versa. Cameron on the other hand said that there would be no immediate change. Think how unsettling this must be for millions of people.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  12. joinerjohn1

So our forefathers didn't fight for freedom for the whole of Europe? Just look at what we now have DA. EU law is sacrosanct and takes precedence over our own laws and those of all other member countries. I'm sure they didn't fight for this. DA you just can't have complete political union between 28 (+) countries, because 28(+) governments all have differing priorities/ agendas/ ideals/ political values. I agree, it's a good idea for all countries to get along with each other, but it can't and should not be forced, by one institution. When the EU push for total political and monetary union, it ceases to be a democracy and becomes a dictatorship. The countries with more political clout will have the bigger say in the running of things.

13. It is utterly appalling and shocking what's happening in this country. 'Racism' - there's no other word for it - has been given the ok for many people.

And for Boris to claim - in his first comments after the vote - that 'the vote wasn't about immigration' just defies belief.

How is this guy still allowed to open his fat, self-serving mouth?

My gawd - is Nicola Sturgeon the only politician in Great Britain (I'll keep calling it that as often as I can - for as long as I can...) who is capable of taking him on and making him look a fool?

When Boris added "It's good to see an end to 'Project Fear'..." she countered with "Now we have Project Farce".

Wonderful.

Anyhoo, talking of Poles...

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e&utm_term=179341&subid=10241369&CMP=ema_1364

Davmac likes this.
  14. joinerjohn1

It's fast becoming "Project Hysteria" now. Get over the result DA and let's move on.

15. Get lost, JJ.

How dare you.

I know just as much as you do what our fathers and forefathers fought for. Don't you dare cite their cause here.

And what DID we have now with the EU? Something truly magnificent - which you deride and condemn. Because you are cynical. And suspicious. And think the worst.

You seemingly cannot entertain for a second that the EU is a power for good. It shows the path humanity should be following.

Nah, says JJ. 'They ain't bludy telling me what to do'. As you swagger off to oblivion.

You sneer at the few EU laws that we abide by - all based on decency and fair play.

And you know damn well which laws the EU can 'impose' on us - the ones we've allowed them to.

But that doesn't suit your poisonous agenda.

Get lost, JJ.

If you had any humanity, it's long been vaporised.

You know damn well that everything that the Leave campaign had claimed was fabrication. It's been shown up to be hollow - as hollow as Boris' soul. They retracted on them the following day, for kryst's sakes.

And Project Fear - call it what you will - has been shown to be valid.

And these aren't even the main issues!

But sod that, eh? Destroy destroy, guffaw, fnurrr, the most most decent political organisation in the world.

Fnuuurrr bludy fnurrrrr.

I've had it with you, JJ. What hope I had for you is gone.

16. joinerjohn1

DA calm down , before you have a stroke or something. The points I make about the EU are valid. You can't have political and monetary union across 28 countries. 28 countries all have differing needs. You just can't have one central institution telling individual countries what's best for them. No wonder the EU is going to collapse (and collapse it will) I'm surprised they've made it this far.

You speak of my "poison agenda" ? What, because I don't like the EU as an entity? Because I don't like the many levels of expensive bureaucracy it brings? Tell me DA, do you know what real "agenda" the EU has?

17. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Im not 100% sure what the hell is going on back home, caught something on BBC world news on the tv about Polish peeps being harassed by so called Brits, I really hope this nothing more than an isolated case and immigrants that already live in the UK are now not being victimized just for being foreign.

18. JJ, I AM pishedoff - I am fed up with this cynical hatred of a great organisation.

And there you go again - "Do you know what their real agenda is?!"

Why do you say that? Why do you ask? Why is that driving you?

Do you think this of every decent person you meet? "Huh - I wonder what their 'true' agenda is... fnurrrr. They ain't pulling the wool over my eyes..."

What the hell is wrong with you, man?

You have swallowed the cynicism and hatred peddled by the likes of Farage probably for years.

It is mind-numbingly sad. It is tragic.

Remind yourself, JJ - look again at the list of people, organisations, political parties, countries who wish we'd stay in the EU. LOOK AT THEM!

Are you the one who's right (along with the BNP, UKIP, NF, Putin, Trump, etc etc) or could it possibly be Great Britain's friends who are right about this?

This is beyond parody, JJ.

It is way beyond being funny in any sense whatsoever.

We have UTTERLY BETRAYED our closest allies and those with whom we share the greatest human values.

So - yes - I am utterly dismayed and resentful of anyone who's helped that to happen.

(But just keep telling yourself you are right about this, JJ... :oops:)

19. Phil, what is happening is that all the closet racists in this country - and those who perhaps hadn't even thought about it before - now think it's open season.