Earth Bonding

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Steve_K, Sep 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Steve_K

Steve_K New Member

I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding earth bonding. I know that the gas and water supply need to be bonded with 10mm cable but can the water be piggybacked off of the gas?

Also looking at the main earthing point in the meter cupboard it doesn't appear to have an earth block, just a spur out of the main service fuse point. Should a fuse block be installed? with what width cable?

If i can't piggy back the gas & water can i position an earth block closer to the kitchen area so the gas & water runs are shorter and can all be concealed in the gas meter cupboard?

[​IMG]

2. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

You can piggy back it if you loop in to the first without cutting it and continue to the second. The reasoning is that if the first is removed, it won't disconnect the second. You need to strip insulation off without cutting the wire to do it. Then clamp the exposed wire section.

3. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

Run a 16mm2 from the head to a MET block then connect the CU with a 16mm2 and bond the Gas and Water with 10mm2

Or do it like the OSG shows as an example.

[​IMG]

4. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

If he butt crimped onto the end of the current earth cable would that count as continuous?

5. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

I say yes it would Col,

6. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

You're supposed to place a warning lable, to warn people not to remove.

7. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

I believe that is accepted by the scam providers.

Kind regards