Solid timber flooring to concrete

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Amat, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Amat

Amat New Member

after some advice. I have 70m2 of 19ml solid timber, tounge and groove floorboards to lay over an existing cement slab. What is the best way to go about this? Should I moisture proof the slab and then direct stick? Or would it be okay to lay an underlay and glue the boards together and have more as a floating floor? Skirting have all been removed so leaving a gap won't be an issue. I'm not wanting to nail to battens as the flooring is so thick already, adding extra height isn't an option.

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Amat likes this.
  3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Paint onto the slab a liquid dpm (can't remember what type I used, but there's a few available), once dry use a large cartridge applicator gun (everbuild do one), to glue down your floor using an adhesive called sika t54, superb product, is flexible so allows solid wood to move without splits, and sticks like **** to a blanket. Is not cheap, but in my experience one of the best.

Personally I would never 'float' a solid timber floor, too many anomalies for comfort, but that's me.

Amat likes this.
  4. Amat

Amat New Member

How does the bostik compare to the sika? They are very similar in price, just easier to source the bostik where I am. I want to use a quality product though.

5. Amat

Amat New Member