Tool storage von

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by neibick76, Dec 3, 2016.

1. neibick76

neibick76 Member

Wondering what ppl have. I have looked into the festool but they are dear for what they are.
    I want something I can load onto a trolly and take everything into the job. ie screws, circular saw, planners rather than coming back to the van all the time.
    Would help as well at night taking everything into rhe house rather than left in the van. you get were I am going.
    Pics a bonus as well

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

I use dewalt tsak range of stuff on a Screwfix trolley

3. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

4. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I do want to buy into a system at some point, but at the moment my solution is the Stanley tool chests, I keep a few of them in the van and fill them with what I need and wheel them in.

I used to use big orange containers that I got years back from when walls used them for packaging. I had one I attached wheels too and four to stack on top. I switched to the Stanley chests because the containers were too bulky. And they make good planters in the garden:D

I just use a wheelbarrow when I unload at night, everything of high value comes out in 3 trips.

Currently looking at systainers or Tsaks. I have two MACPAC boxes and they really are ****! Would be interested in other people's methods.

neibick76 likes this.
  5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Carrier bags? o_O

longboat likes this.
  6. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Bite the bullet and go Festool (or Tanos). Out of all the cases on the market they are just so well designed and robust. Love the way they connect together and separate with just a twist of a T-Loc. Most of my Makita cordless kit is stored in 1 Systainer.

https://www.tanos.de/007/En/HOME.html

7. neibick76

neibick76 Member

Some good stuff tano have there

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

As long as its not the older Systainer design, the clips are look identical to the Makita MacPac cases.
    The clips are stiff, break off too easy and are of stronger construction than the box shell. The T-loc design looks so much better.
    I brought four of the MacPac boxes last year, only one left with the clips still intact. Like i said previously, ****!

9. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

What at 5p a go no Chance

Joe95 likes this.
  10. GoodwithWood

I don't like the Makita MacPac's because of the cumbersome Tab clips.

Very few Festool designs use the tabs anymore. Only ones I have that have tabs are the Cantilever toolbox (SYS-Storage) which is my main box and the Festool SYS tool box which sits on top with larger tools that I need for smaller jobs. I then attach my CXS Drill in it's Systainer 1 to the bottom and I'm good to go.

I must admit the Tabs work really well on these boxes once they have worn in a bit.

SYS-Storage -
    SYS-Box - http://www.powertool-supplies.co.uk/festool-sys-tool-box-sys-tb-2.html

Joe95 likes this.
  11. neibick76

neibick76 Member

I need that festool box in the video perfect for my screws etc
    So.you have the box in the video on the bix in the link ?

12. GoodwithWood

Yes, either on top or underneath as both work. Then I have this connected to the base:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-cxs-li-2-6-cordless-drill-driver-set-10-8v-2-6ah-506745

You can get a dedicated screw box if you need one:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-13-compartment-t-loc-systainer-case-501842

I would like the Centrotec kit to finish it off but it's a lot of money to fork out:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-centrotec-systainer-kit-98-piece-950896

neibick76 likes this.
  13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Nar, the 38p ones from Asda are the best.
    Better than rubble sacks. ;-)

Sparkielev likes this.
  14. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

A spread I know uses the blue IKEA bags and swears by them !

15. Doall

Doall Active Member

Ideal for my lunch

16. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Yet to find a tool box I like had big ones and ended up filled with junk that weighed a ton, had small ones that weren't big enough now I just use my Snickers pockets which break my back at end of day

FatHands, KIAB and neibick76 like this.
  17. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

I joined Waitrose just so I could get their free heavy duty shopping bags, still using a couple after 8 years!:) P.s Their free coffee is good too! :D

FatHands likes this.
  18. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

i bought some hemp bags, thinking ecology etc, but the labourers smoked them. they looked quite ill for about a week.

FatHands likes this.
  19. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

There was me thinking i read it wrong, but i realized after reading the rest...

20. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I have about 10 in the van, i use them for rubble. At 40p you can't complain!:D
    For rubble bags they work quite well, i can take them to the dump full of wood/plaster/brickwork etc. and only one has split so far in over ten years of using them. The handle straps are the only part that breaks. (cheaper than a skip for small jobs!)

Last time i was in IKEA i brought 15 and they are all still sitting in the garage...

But as main tool storage.....I'm not that cheap:D:D

FatHands and neibick76 like this.