Loft Insulation

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by Jitender, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Each beam section compromises of the main beam, which is a hollow box section. At the open ends I beam sections slides into each beam.

Looked at all the instructions, and only need to fix it at the node points on the truss roof using 2 x screws.

Each truss requires 2 beams. In one section near the stair there are 3 beams together. On the ends there is only 1 beam. Where a SVP exits roof 2 have to be put on the same side so it clears this.

there is a video on youtube with someone doing the loft conversion by Attic Designs,.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Joe95 likes this.
  2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

As soon as scaffolding is up will be able to get started. Want to get the beams in and roof covered before weather turns.

I don't mind working up there as isn't too cold.

When the supporting members are cut out, after BC are are happy will be able to lay the flooring so going to be much easier to work up there. Think it should be done by about April, is a big project.

3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Are you planning to do the whole thing yourself?:eek::cool:

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

They did put 2 packets of biscuits in the fixings box :D

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Done quite a bit this year already, had to alter the openings upstairs and installed fire doors.

Will need to get someone in to do the stairs and the electrics, although I can do need certificate.

Rest I can manage apart from the plastering.

Wasted quite a bit on money on first plan, as was going to use steels, paid SE and also party wall surveyor.

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Nice job, shame I don't have the headroom in my loft to do something similar.