FerroliModena 27CHE boiler hot water but no central heating

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by wakeywakey, Dec 6, 2016.

1. wakeywakey

wakeywakey Member

Hi Guys,

Having this problem with my boiler. Though it was a thermostat problem but changed batteries and synced up receiver ok.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be and can I override if it is a thermostat problem?

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

hi
    if you feel competent, go to the receiver unit, remove the cover, and link out the C and 1.
    or whatever the common and switched live are

regards
    peter

FatHands likes this.
  3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Or if not feeling confident in doing that my ferroli one can be forced on at the boiler panel which would over ride the stat (assuming that is the issue)

4. wakeywakey

wakeywakey Member

Weird!
    Went through the linking receiver to the thermostat one last time and it worked, although I did exactly the same. So I'm hoping it was the thermostat/receiver.
    How do you override just for next time maybe?

5. You can't beat a hard wired stat.
    More gimmicks more problems.

6. Might be worth trying a different frequency - there could be interference with other WiFi devices - even your neighb's.

7. wakeywakey

wakeywakey Member

OK, but i'm confused. When the light is on, on the thermostat, doesn't this mean that the receiver is receiving, so why would the boiler not fire up?
    I don't understand!

8. Does the receiver has a light? If so, that's the one that needs to light up when the 'stat tells it to.

9. wakeywakey

wakeywakey Member

when the problem happened, they both still had green lights on, but the boiler wouldn't fire up for central heating. This is what confused me as I couldn't understand why this was happening. Still can't really.
    I am supposing something between the receiver and the boiler, so maybe the switching off and back on helped maybe?

10. Soz - not familiar with wireless systems.

But I know someone who had an issue with unpredictable control and the boiler installer suggested changing the frequency - that worked.

11. wakeywakey

wakeywakey Member

ok, thanks for that

12. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi,

I have repaired the odd receivers, it was a capacitor problem,or the relay sticks.
    So it's got the signal ok, and the light confirms, but the relay hasn't latched
    Regards
    Peter