Loyalty card scheme?

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by P J Thompson, Feb 25, 2017.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just spent £200 on Kudox radiators, a voucher would have been nice to use against the purchase.o_O

2. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

Why bother? Why not just keep the price reasonable and not bother?

Tesco don't give club card points out because they are in a generous mood - as somebody has pointed out screw fix already have the data. And no company is going to return lower profits when they didn't need to, which means any discount you got you would be paying for in slightly higher prices across the board - plus the cost to administer the scheme, update the IT, issue the cards etc. Another card to carry in the wallet and just a bit more faff when what I want is a simple price, to get in, buy my stuff and get out.

Can take long enough in store already with the person in front launching into 'I want to re-roof my house, what will I need?' without then having to fumble around with coupons that expired last tuesday, or being given a free pack of screws in a size that I don't use and already have 10 boxes of.

Besides, try not buying anything off them for a few weeks - it doesn't take that long for a £10 off voucher to turn up in the post - thats the existing customer retention system kicking in.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Same here, I use plumbfix fairly often, so I get the free drink every time I visit. You've got to make the trip worth it! :D

It would be nice, but it wouldn't make me want to shop there more.

leesparkykent likes this.
  4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

For me personally, the main benefit of our hosts has become the opening times. If they did a trade card then I may be tempted to use them more often. I can understand that this could lead to anyone pretending to be in the trade, but to only cater for plumbers/sparkys in this dept, is stopping me from using them more regularly as they're no longer that competitive on price on a lot of the items I use.

For example, I popped in to local branch the other day and (5 x 80) Reisser screws were on the shelf...only £19.99 for a box of 200!!
    I thought it was a mistake...couldn't recall ever paying that much for a box of screws. Anyway, was in Magnet the next day, saw same box on display and out of interest got the guy to give me a price...£12 + vat.

Popped into TS for something and only £15.55!

Now ok, this doesn't apply across the board on all items, SF is a good store and I do find it useful, but that is generally down to convenience now.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Not received any vouchers from SF for a very long time now am on electrifix and no sign of either.
    Ts on the other hand I have received 3 in the last couple of months, they had £14 off on orders over £100 on valentines day.

Received another shortly after for £10 off on £70 spend. Placed order, some screws weren't in stock so they put them in on back order which made the total over the £70 limit the screws were on a separate order, unfortunately for some reason they didn't take payment but received a phone call demanding payment, they screws were dispatched and received. They said they will stop any further purchase from account until they payment is made, about £9.64 in total....

Not much money and I have every incentive to make the payment, but didn't like how they spoke to me, its not my fault - they shouldn't have dispatched if payment wasn't made, as is normal business.

Going to sit this one out, must be spending on average about £50-60 a month there, sometimes a lot more.

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I'm retired. But you are quite right. I have spent a fortune in Maplin's and WH Smith. Why do they always give you a voucher after you've just spent a fortune without one?
    Life is just too short to bother.;)

7. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Had to show my napit registration to get trade of screwfix but I know loads of people without any qualifications or registered with anyone that have trade with screwfix

8. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

I mentioned the card in the OP :) it's not a loyalty card though is it ;)
    And i've never had a voucher or a gift :D

9. P J Thompson

Oh, a disappearing post! Whats that all about then?

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Received a £10 voucher in the post today.

Must be at least 5+ years since receiving any voucher from Electrifix.

11. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

As did I.

Nice to get something back.

12. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Me too!!

13. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Nor me :(

15. Sparkielev

Where's mine !!!!

16. P J Thompson

And mine!!!

17. Sparkielev

And his !!!!!

18. P J Thompson

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Oi! SF Pete you need to send everyone a voucher! :D

20. Dave The Minion

Dave The Minion New Member

I would settle for a online order point. a computer order point where I can browse their online catalogue while in store. yes I know most or nearly all mobile phones do this these days but I am lucky if I get one bar in my local store, one bar and I cannot even order a drink.

Love the idea of a loyalty card, especially if it would offer vouchers based on purchase history, but then again I would prefer a coffee machine or beverage point, doesn't even matter if I have to pay.