Deep base units

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Avoncroft, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Avoncroft

Avoncroft New Member

I'm currently designing our new kitchen, and have come to the conclusion that the standard base units are not deep enough. The standard is 560mm I believe, but I'd like something closer to 700 for a 750 worktop. Obviously, I could have a deep worktop on a standard base, but that seems such a waster. I know Schmidt kitchens have a range of 700 deep base units, but does anyone else? DIY kitchens online don't seem to, and I've not seen it anywhere else. Anyone know of a supplier?

If you have deep base units then I'd end up with a gap behind the tall units too. How would that be handled?

thanks in advance

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Use breakfast bar tops and end panels.

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I would go to a local woodshop/cabinet maker and get them custom made. They will be a little bit more than some of the pre-made carcasses but will last a lot longer.

I made my own and some units were around 750 deep to match the curved butlers pantry that spanned the corner

With the deeper cupboards you need to consider pull out drawers otherwise the things at the back will get forgotten about

4. GrahamTaylor

GrahamTaylor Active Member

I get custom sized carcases made by Frontline Cabinets in Nottingham. Quality is very good and, although they have a catalogue of standard sizes, they can make to any size.

I've just done a utility room using their carcases with doors from DIY-Kitchens. Carcases were extra deep and extra high to utilities every last little bit of space in a rather oddly shaped room. Worked really well and the end customer was very happy.

Everything is made to order and typical turnaround is about 10 - 14 days.

Costs work out very slightly more than Howdens, Benchmarx etc but the end result is excellent so great value.

5. Avoncroft

Avoncroft New Member

Thanks all, great to have some more options.

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

You might also try http://www.paramountbathrooms.co.uk/ who make all their stuff (bathrooms, kitchens, bedroom units). It cost me nothing extra to have them make a basin unit 560mm wide instead of the usual 600m wide, prices seem very reasonable.