Tight Run

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by mrkjd, Aug 21, 2017.

1. mrkjd

mrkjd New Member

I have a run of kitchen base units to fit starting with an L shaped corner unit and ending with a tall larder unit. There is a full length decor panel to be fitted against the tall unit exposed side and if I fit this as per plan using the full height to the floor I only have 2mm wiggle room between walls with the base units! Is it possible to cut the decor panel and fit down to the top of the base unit next to the tall unit to give me some room? The wall units running along this wall have a 75mm infill at the end so no issues there and the worktops haven't been templated yet. The only other option would seem to be to start chipping out plaster but this could only be done at the tall unit end as it would throw out the run coming off the other side of the L cabinet otherwise.

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

We have had to do the same thing many times, so yes, just fit to the top of the base unit. When the tops are templated (granite ?), just ask the granite people to notch around the decor panel to the edge of the larder unit.

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Fine. I'd fit the panel onto the worktop.

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

If it is granite, the OP won't be able to do that. Much better to fit down to base unit and let the granite guys template and notch around it......................after all, that is what they are being paid for :)

5. mrkjd

mrkjd New Member

Thanks guys - reassuring to know it's an option

6. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I'll try that next time I'm in that situation. Better to prevent water ingress also.