Now That's Some Speed.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Joe95, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I am currently on a job installing an IP phone system in an office. So, naturally, one of the first things I did when I got in was hop over to speedtest.

And here's how she looks:
    IMG_8342.PNG

snappyfish and KIAB like this.
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Nearly 4 times faster than mine. ☺☺

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can only get FTTP on demand here:mad:, several thousand quid to have it installed & a crazy monthly amount.
    Wish I could get standard FTTP, would be quite happy at 160Mb,but what BTOR should do is remove the present 80Mb cap & raise it to 100-120Mb, plus switch off ADSL where there is FTTC & make everyone go over to it, then with ADSL off you could increase the FTTC frequency & get more speed.

Joe95 likes this.
  5. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

Is this some new language I've yet to hear about, or is it code?

chippie244 likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

7. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

8. Phil the Paver

You mean this is obsolete.

What am I gonna do. :(:(

9. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

Ah, that takes me back, I'll sleep well tonight!

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

11. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I'm with Virgin Media and they keep increasing prices and saying "but we've improved your service, it's now 70mb, it was 50mb"...

Have never noticed a difference!

What do people do to make use of that sort of bandwidth?!

12. Phil the Paver

I'm with Virgin Media, apart from consitanly having to reboot the router its ok for speed, 72mbps at the mo.:):)

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

They advertise up to 100Mb, BT will have to do something soon, like remove their 80Mb cap & increase to 100Mb to match Virgin.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...to-300-mbps-products-now-live-on-website.html

And Phil, you shouldn't need to keep consistently having to reboot the router, if you have the Super Hub 2 or 3, a few peeps had same problem, for some it was caused by a error on the line or a faulty router.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  14. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

KIAB likes this.
  15. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Their Superhub 1 is rock solid, but the wifi range is DREADFUL!

16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I'm with Virgin Media.. Here's my Speedtest result tonight... up to 100Mb/s pah They're far in front of that already.

Speedtest.jpg Speedtest.jpg

Joe95 likes this.
  17. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I would love to be on Virgin Media, but they haven't run their cables down our road. :(

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

19. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

I do like Virgin media, rarely a problem in 11 years speed does increase fairly often.

Currently on
    • DOWNLOAD 167.25Mbps
    • UPLOAD 10.02Mbps

20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:(:mad:

But, my area has been choosen for a BTOR G Fast trial exhange, so 160Mb or 330Mb hopefully end of the month or early October.:)
    And it gets better, 1Gbps FTTP, with local pilots of “full fibre” (FTTP/H) broadband / Ethernet networks.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...ps-full-fibre-broadband-6-uk-trial-areas.html

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...st-broadband-pilot-1-million-uk-premises.html

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    snappyfish likes this.