Sooooo, who would be happy if we 'crashed out'

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 12, 2017.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I knew it.
    You're a Jackie, not a Jack.

2. Yes it is - it cuts to the nub. The chase. The crux. The root.

It explains the mistake that was made on that day. That the result is also a mistake.

For many - the majority - was never really about what's best for the UK.

3. I was wondering who would be the first to bring this up.

Let's see - they now have a far-right, anti-immigrant leader who is likely to make a coalition with an extreme-right, fervently anti-immigration party.

And he's Austrian.

And JJ thinks this is good.

I'm struggling to know what to say.

If you think it's 'looking up', JJ, you can schtickl your gruber up yer arris.

4. I really wish you were more witty, Longs.

5. Just clarify JJ.

Are you very happy with that?

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Apparently the Austrian electorate are extremely happy about it. Me? I have no interest either way as I have no jurisdiction to influence another sovereign country. (but I'm sure the EU will sort out a sovereign countries problems for them)

7. 2shortplanks

2shortplanks Active Member

That's not true. The EU set out their position several months ago
    https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sit...tial-principles-financial_settlement_en_1.pdf
    The EU position is that we should agree the principles of what we should pay in line with our commitments, and what share of assets we should receive, and the numbers follow from that. My understanding is that the EU has calculated figures based on their proposals, but they were not published at the request of the UK govt. The UK doesn't seem to have any real position, beyond plucking numbers out of thin air, and trying to delay as long as possible to avoid bad press and howls of indignation from the more deluded brexiteers, when reality has to be faced and we have to honour our commitments.

8. Ah, so the line of ':D's from you meant nothing?

Ok...

You are such a 'Leaver', JJ. And you know what I mean by that.

9. The UK doesn't seem to have any real position, beyond plucking numbers out of thin air, and trying to delay as long aspossible to avoid bad press and howls of indignation from the more deluded brexiteers, when reality has to be faced and we have to honour our commitments.

Mostly because the brexiteers are still thinking there will be no cost to exit.

Nobody in power dare tell them the truth yet

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  10. Davis et al know they need to keep all the significant facts of the situation out of the public domain, because the truth would be simply too unpalatable for much of the British electorate.

We were sold a great big fib - and most of us were simply not smart or informed enough to see through it. It was all soooo 'easy'. (Surely the first thing that should raise suspicion?!)

For a goodly number of people - including most of the the u-s on here - this was, in any case, irrelevant; they did not vote 'out' for the sake of the country.

We all know why they voted the way they did. We all know they don't get the irony of placing an image of Merkel with a swastika armband on here, whilst still being gleeful by the rise of the far right.

It is truly incredible.

Deleted member 164349 and Lanc like this.
  11. Davis today reckons he's 'straining every sinew' to move forwards with a deal...

The lying little s***bag.

The utterly loathsome conniving arris 'ol.

The lies and delusion - on behalf of his 'followers' - just keeps rolling.

That guy almost makes me feel physically sick.