£2000k Per week

Discussion in 'Job Talk' started by Ryluer, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Just learned today what my boss earns off the back of my grafting. I'm his only worker plus his son. Whom I'm pretty sure doesn't get paid.
    His expenses are pay me a pittance, run a van, run and service some construction plant and pay for the depreciation on £250k's worth of construction plant which he owns.

Any off you beat that?
    He's in hospital at the moment though. Just out of a 4 day stay in intensive care.

Your health is you wealth. I've always said that.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Do you really expect him to earn the same as you then, back in the early 90s i was earning between 3 & 5K a week, I employed 3 people who got paid good money for the work they did, was it wrong I earned so much or doesn't the fact that at the end of the day they went home, were as I had to go out looking for more work and tie up contracts etc etc.

CGN likes this.
  3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Out of the paltry £15k per year I earn as basically a labourer, I pay £5k back to the government in tax.
    Is it wrong my boss gets paid so much? No

Is it right the government is allowed to fleece me to such an extent? NO again.
    I'm just glad I spent 15 years on the double. And very tempted to do it again.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  4. Phil the Paver

Something wrong then, your tax allowance should be around 10000, so you only pay tax on 5000, so around a 1000 + NI around 600 / 700, totalling 1600 / 1700 a year.

If you're self employed, get a new accountant.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Your figures are pretty well spot on Phil.

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about income tax. That's already paid which is nearly £3k.

The £5k is council tax and vat. When a country goes bust your biggest enemy is your own government. Never a truer word spoken(or typed)

7. Phil the Paver

Does your boss not pay, Council tax and Vat then????

The only people in this country that don't pay anything out of their wages are MPs, if they have to spend, they claim it back as an expense.

The rest of us pelbs have to pay and pay again.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

No.... your biggest enemy's are the non tax payers

9. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Like Vodafone, Amazon and Starbucks.

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Exactly! :D

11. parahandy

The thing is though, the same HMRC who are quite happy to let the big dogs off with £millions in tax (in vodafones case £billions) will hound Joe Public to the point of suicide over pennies.

12. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Yes. They'll happily spend £1000 quid just to claw back a tenner.

Talking about "quids" if the UK ever adopted the euro we'd never be able to say "quid" again.

13. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Yeah it was about £34 billion a few years ago.
    But that includes me as I don't declare all my incomes as I never receive them in currency.
    I can receive payment in livestock or other means. Like it was in the ole days where people swapped goods instead of traceable currency.
    Get my drift?

And at the end of the day that figure is hiked to that level because the government fleece people in so many ways for their hard earned earnings.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  14. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

thats the thing isnt it... vodafone and starbucks are big enough to fight back whereas the one man bands and small enterprises arent sadly

15. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Have never heard off starbucks. What is it?

Sounds like a seedy american nightclub.

16. Phil the Paver

Pop yer head up from under that rock, and have a look around, they're only the biggest coffee chain in the world.

17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

So,,,,,,, just exactly how many sheep are you getting for the wood chippings boiler installation? :p:p:p:p:p

18. Phil the Paver

MONDAY
    TUESDAY
    WEDNSDAY
    Etc etc. :p:p

19. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Or should I have said, How many girlfriends. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

20. parahandy

You don't need to fight back if you have Dave in yer pocket.