110v extractors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by snaresr, Sep 28, 2014.

1. snaresr

snaresr New Member

I want to buy 110v dust extractor for on site and for at home, all my tools like chop saw, jigsaw, plunge saw and other things are Makita, but I am gonna get the festool plunge saw set when I get paid, so I just want to know whether all of the extractors work on all tools, or whether I have to buy a Makita one. any help with this one people would be very appreciated, and also which is the best one.

2. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

I've got festool extractors and they work with various dewalt , makita and mafell tools I have , the festools nozzle is tapered rubber so tends to fit into any port or occasionally on some tools like the domino it sits over the port.
    You can also buy adaptors for most extractor hoses which reduce or increase the nozzle size to suit other tools .
    I'd recommend the festool or fein extractors .

3. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

also whilst on the topic, unless you're intending to buy into the festool system or getting the cordless plunge saw, I'd recommend the mafell over festool, the festool is an excellent saw but the mafell trumps it.

4. snaresr

snaresr New Member

excellent thank you for the help, I was thinking of the festool extractor it did seem the best one and most the blokes seem to love the festool. I had not thought of mafell will definitely have a look.

Thanks you for your help

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

The old Fein extractors are legendary, mine is an absolute monster! The newly launched ones don't look half as good sadly.