12" Dovetail Jig Product Code: 17062 HELP

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by UCATechnician, Feb 3, 2016.

1. UCATechnician

UCATechnician New Member

Hello,

Does anyone have Screwfix (unbranded) 12" Dovetail Jig Product Code: 17062
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/12-dovetail-jig/17062#product_additional_details_container

It comes with a 60mm guide plate... what router has a 60mm hole for the plate to fit onto? - I cant find any. I have an Erbauer ERB380ROU 2100W Router 230-240V Product Code: 81664 it has a 90mm hole for a 90mm guide bush. Do i need a reducer or something?

If anyone has one of these i would appreciate your help!

C

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I would suggest the 2-3/8 is a typo on the manual and it will be for 2/8 ~ 3/8 shank, someone has converted 2 3/8" to mm's

5. UCATechnician

UCATechnician New Member

Hi,

I'm talking about the outside diameter. The guide bush on plate that came with the jig is 12mm and plate size is 60mm (brass one). The guide bush that came with the router16mm and has a 85mm diameter (silver one).

The silver one wont fit on the jig and the brass one wont fit on the router.

Attached Files:

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Ah!

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You either have to fit a sub base to take the 65mm diameter bushes,most routers seem to be this size, or find some 85mm diameter bushes, sub easier, as you can then use standard size bushes.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  8. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

A sub base on your router would probably solve this.

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The one on our host site by Trend does fit your router. However, doesn't get good reviews but may be worth trying.

You could always make your own sub base, plenty of guides out there and YouTube videos