1300x800 bowed shower tray

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by router boy, Nov 24, 2014.

1. router boy

router boy New Member

Hi all,

How much tolerance do you guys work with when it comes to stone resin shower trays?
    I've just received a second tray after sending one back as it was bowed across the lenght and width,
    The new one is also bowed , if I hold a straight edge across the 1300 edge it's about 5mm gap each end!
    Also when the straight edge is across the short edge it's about 3mm gap each end.
    Is this normal? i know the fall is built in but still concerned that water may pool as the waste is in the middle and that's were its bowed upwards.
    We're can I get a straight tray from !!! As it's an odd size no one seems to do them.
    Thanks

2. Change your supplier. The tolerance I would work to would be "none discernable". Only ever had a problem when I bought a tray from ebay and that was like a dog's back leg.

3. Router - silly question, are you measuring the 'bow' along the shower tray's outer 'lip', or actually on the standing surface?

Ok, 5mm gap is still poor even on the edge as any panel sitting there would need careful sealing.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I know something different, but the pool bath I has from bathstore measuring 1700mm had a 10mm bow in the middle when a straight edge was placed along its length.

5. router boy

router boy New Member

Devil,A .the bow is on the top ,so if you were to tile down to the tray the tiles would be 5mm longer at the sides than the middle if that makes any sense !
    Really just want to know if the stone trays a normally this bowed or am I being fussy?