18V 4 Ah Batteries

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by unphased, Jul 16, 2014.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Wera bits all the way for impact drivers. Even the makita bits supplied with my impact driver didn't last long. But have to say, it's one of the best tools in my armoury.

2. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Wera Impact bits for me too!

I have just brought some replacement bits after the originals in the set I brought got a bit "Tired".
    The originals have lasted since 2008, so no complaints from me!

Snezza.

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Bought one today, gonna see how much longer I get from a 4 Ah compared to a 3 Ah. Daft thing is Electricfix are selling 3 Ah same price as 4 Ah.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Try looking elsewhere, SF are way too expensive. I got a genuine Makita 3.0Ah battery for £50 inc delivery from e-bay. A new 4.0Ah one is £66.50 (inc delivery) a saving of £23.49.

5. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Must admit that SF ain't the cheapest nowadays. I have always bought power tools when they were at a good price from the "carpet" company. ;)

6. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I bought a "genuine" Mikita 18v combi drill from eBay a few years ago, cheaper than SF. After 9 months the check was buggered. Our wholesaler is a dealer and said he woud send it back as one of theirs.

It was returned, still faulty, with a note saying it was an imitation Makita!

It had me fooled, my work mates, and the wholesaler!

Every bit of it looked exactly like a Makita, case, charger, battery, instructions etc.

7. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

You have to buy the MAkita Lec not the Mikita, the clue was in the spelling on the case mate :)

8. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

9. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Typo - Defo a MAkita!

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

You wan Makeetah. Velly good velly cheap? I sewl you wan. You pay mee dollar I send you in poh. :D

11. malkie129

Elton John sang that song Mikita didn't he ? :D

12. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

No that was Makikita. :D

13. malkie129

That was ABBA

14. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

15. unphased