1930's Waste Pipe Sizes

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Kman2014, May 5, 2016.

1. Kman2014

Kman2014 New Member

Hi All

Can anyone tell me what the waste pipe sizes would be in a 1930's house.
    I want to change my guttering to the other side of house due to a conservatory being built. It's a big standard terraced 1930's build.

Currently it's has:

Rain water gully trap
    Toilet pipe
    Bath & kitchen gully trap

Basically I want to direct the kitchen and bath in the toilet pipe. And put the gutter into the old kitchen/bath gully.

Cheers

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    With a separate rain gully and kitchen gully, you probably have separate drainage system
    The idea is for the rainwater drains to run to ditches and river, and foul water to the treatment works.

As for the size? Iron 3" or 2" rainwater, it's just a guess, get a tape out?
    Regards
    Peters

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

MAke sure that the guttering matches the same profile of the neighbors house, could be 4", 5"?

4. Kman2014

Kman2014 New Member

Thanks for getting back

Re-reading my post I wasn't clear. I'm ok with gutter, waste pipe sizes.
    Just needed to know if the clay pipe sizes are the same for the bath/kitchen vs the rain water pipe. I don't want to have to dig to find out!
    The rain water goes straight into the drain as I can see from manhole l, as was common back then.

Cheers

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member