2 Durgos no vent.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Ro55_Th0ms0n, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Ro55_Th0ms0n

Ro55_Th0ms0n Member

os it possible to have 2 Durgo valves in a property without an external vent? Or would there be too much pressure on the system.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

The durgo is a vent, so how will it pressure.

3. Plumberbish

Plumberbish Active Member

4. Ro55_Th0ms0n

Ro55_Th0ms0n Member

Well I don't know that's why I'm asking, it's what a builder is telling me.

5. Plumberbish

To be fair the books say there should be a vent but I've come across plenty that don't have a proper vent

6. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

To be fair I've been on jobs where the building inspector has insisted that there has to be one open vent, but like Bish says loads don't.

7. Plumberbish

If it's your own house mate it's kinda up to you, you can do it properly and run a soil pipe all the way up to the roof...well 1m above windows I seem to remember...or if it's been like that with 2dirgos for ages and has always worked and you don't want to fix it if you don't have to then dont

8. Plumberbish

Qu for you dave, I asked in my local plumbers merchants the other day for a Dirgo and they asked if I wanted internal or external...and they didn't just mean the little terminal (we call them ballons-no idea why) but surely if it's going outside ita gotta be above the windows coz of regs so you'd use the terminal!? I suppose an external dirgo might get you around the 1m reg?