2-port motorised valves

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Pollowick, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

There are plenty around and they do vary in price considerably. Are there any that you would suggest avoiding or any that really are the best and at a sensible price?

Typically for 22mm:
    £75 Honeywell
    £57 Drayton
    £66 Danfoss
    £45 Flomasta
    £35 Horstmann

I am about to convert my two-zone heating and water which uses a three port to a three-zone system and thus three will be needed.

2. I think it's a case of you pays your money and you takes your choice. Personally, I always use Honeywell but who's to say that they're more reliable than any other respected brand. I'd avoid cheap because you don't want to be draining down in a year's time.

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Definitely avoid the Danfoss. Their micro switches fail for a past time.

4. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

That is one OFF the list.

Have had Drayton in the past and have fitted one new motor in over 25 years! Just that at £75 they are expensive and has me wondering if I can justify that cost.

And three will cost more than a new customised copper cylinder!

5. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Its often cheaper to buy the bi-flow kits that way you get everything except the auto bypass only down side is you tend to end up with a van full of cylinder ststs