2nd WC into Soil pipe branch

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by simonkbike, Apr 14, 2015.

1. simonkbike

simonkbike New Member

Hi,

I'm converting a long narrow bathroom into 2 ensuites for adjacent bedrooms so installing a new WC. Struggling to find best practice/regs to cover what I should/can do.

WC1 will be at the end of the bath with soil pipe running under the length of bath & straight through outside wall at just above floor level (this runs against the line of the joists so it must all be above floor level). Then turns left 90deg bend and 2m horiz branch (well, shallow fall) into soil stack.
    WC2 (P-trap) sits half-way between the 90deg bend and the soil stack but exits straight through the wall about 350-400mm above the horiz branch.

What I want to do is turn the soil pipe from WC2 down and feed it into the horiz run so I only have one horiz branch into my stack along the outside wall. I can find loads of examples of multiple WC into a long collecting horiz soil pipe but nothing with the 350mm height difference. I can also find S traps dropping through the floor into a short vertical with a swept bend at the bottom leading off horizontally to the stack. But nothing with a vertical joining a horiz soil pipe.

Q1) is what I'm planning permitted (good practice?)
    Q2) if so, do I drop vertically and put a 87.5deg junction into the horiz, or do I put a 45deg bend and feed into the horiz at with a shallow angle junction.

Maybe I can't find anything because it's not supposed to be done but worth checking with the experts on here (!). Really useful if anyone knows of a good website with diagrams of what's allowed and what's forbidden.

S.

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

a diagram/picture would probably help us decide.

3. simonkbike

simonkbike New Member

Try this
    WC exit.png

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That should be fine, the joint in the pipe for wc2 should be 45˚and you mean need a, AAV on the pipe at wc1.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Maybe put an access bend (92.5°) at WC1 Exit.

For WC2 exit use a 92.5° single socket bend into a 135° single or double socket bend (single if you use spigot end of pipe).

A fall of 9mm/m will be adequate.

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Approved document H

States a min fall of 18mm/m. The max length of soil pipe for 1 WC is 6m.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There is an edit function Jit.

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

For some reason it doesn't show. I can't edit the first post as no button, but there is an edit button for my last post?

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's not showing on mine either. o_Oo_O

10. Phil the Paver

You only have a set amount of time to edit a post after that the button disappears, why ?????

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

In the past, when they were losing an argument,posters have edited their old posts so they could deny saying what they did say.

12. Phil the Paver

Happen that the site mods have altered it so that you are stuck with what you have said, which to be fair is right and proper.

13. simonkbike

simonkbike New Member

Thanks for replies, but maybe being a bit dim.
    Am I correct that you're both suggesting exiting WC2 vertically down the wall, and then using a 135 bend plus a 135 branch into the horiz pipe. i.e. upload_2015-4-18_16-5-34.png feeding into upload_2015-4-18_16-6-13.png

@Jitender: yes, I was planning on access bends wherever appropriate.

S.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

If you are using a 45° single/double socket junction as shown, you won't require another 135° bend, just use a 92.5° bend straight out the wall and line up with the double socket junction.

The other option is to just add another 92.5° branch (with access) for WC2 above the branch for WC1.

15. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Soil Stack1.jpg Soil Stack Option 2

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  16. simonkbike

simonkbike New Member

Got it. When I measured up again on the wall outside, WC2 is actually barely high enough to get a clean join into the new branch out to WC1, so I think we're sorted.

Thanks all for the advice.
    S.