3.8M Extendable Telescopic Ladder with stabiliser bar EN131 standard Inc FREE BAG £58.99 saving £161

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Welshdragon1, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

I purchased the above from a well know auction site for £58.99 inc free delivery & FREE Bag (A pity that SF does not sell this size for this price) I could find on SF is a 3.8m EN131 at £219.99 (WITHOUT the stabiliser & bag)
    A difference of a clear £161.00.
    [​IMG]

No gripes, just observations

Ordered Monday evening arrived this morning via Yodel tracked

The build quality is excellent, strong & sturdy

The instructions fail to mention how to install the stabiliser bar since there was 2 x plastic pins in each foot that prevented the stabiliser bar from fitting correctly,

Once these pins were removed /cut off with a Bob saw AKA (Junior Hacksaw), the stabiliser fitted perfectly.

The ladder does fit in the bag upside down with the stabiliser on however the flap does not close on the velcro & remains just a flap, & the carry handle in the middle of the bag is unusable, the carry strap will just suffice if you are of short stature of 5ft or taller.

Once removed both the ladder & stabiliser bar fits reasonably well in the bag, & to prevent the nuts & bolts to fit the stabiliser bar, getting lost I bolted them in the legs of the ladder where the stabiliser bar goes,

If you would be using the stabiliser bar on a regular basis I recommend keeping, either 2 x 10mm spanners or 1 x 10mm spanner & 1 x 10mm socket & ratchet in the bag, NOT a problem for most as they would typically have the tools on-board with them.

When folding down the ladder has a safety feature which prevents finger(s) from being trapped, if used correctly.