32 AMP SUPPLY FOR HOT TUB

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by ziggyboy, Aug 8, 2015.

1. ziggyboy

ziggyboy New Member

Hi everyone , I'm needing your advice and help

My property that i have moved into has a garage out the garden and it is fitted with lights and sockets , it has armoured cable running from one of the kitchen pockets under the patio and then goes to a consumer box as in the picture , I have a hot tub that requires a 32amp connection , the hot tub is already fitted with a huge length of armoured cable , looking at the picture how can i do this or do i need to pay a electrician ,

thanks
    IMG_8611.JPG

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Hmm electricity and water :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ziggyboy likes this.
  3. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Did you buy the hot tub new?. If so I would have thought that the supplier would have fitters/electricians available.
    If you bought it second-hand you need to pay an electrician.

4. ziggyboy

ziggyboy New Member

so without training you can't fit a 32amp supply yourself ?

Its my old hot tub from old property , i just disconnected from breaker and now need to know how to re-connect

5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Not being funny or owt - but looking at the mcb terminations for a start.........................

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Nope get a sparks in m8 tbqh....flipping heck

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

A couple of hundred quid or death :(:(

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  8. ziggyboy

ziggyboy New Member

so you both don't know , just say that lmfao

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What we are saying is that you would have to be a complete idiot to even think about doing this job if you have to ask on a forum how to do it.

10. ziggyboy

ziggyboy New Member

chippie , say these words , I don't know

11. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

You can't connect to this CU, the cable is too small.

That CU is also a bodge. The SWA has not been glanded or earthed, and I doubt it has been the other end either. It looks like a rough DIY job.

12. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

New supply from your CU to interlocked Cee-form 32A socket with the plug for the hot tub on SY flex would be the best bet, get a spark in pal

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

ziggy say these words "I am a clueless, tightfisted idiot who is dicing with death."

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  14. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Chippie, it sounds like a prime example of asking a question, but not getting the answer you want, so diss all answers until someone says, "yes do it your way" :rolleyes::rolleyes:, trouble is a dead person can't come back on here to apologise.:D

15. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

:D:D:D I love this forum. Haha!

images-67.jpeg images-55.jpeg

16. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

That photo is an example of very poor installation practice. The SWA is just 'stuffed' in the CU and the cables aren't even sleeved. My pet hate is seeing the black being used as the neutral. It should be the grey. Then you have exposed copper where wires enter the terminals and twisted all over the place with no attempt at neatness. Employ a spark and get it sorted out properly. Chances are if its been fed from a socket in the kitchen it has not been done correctly that end either!!!!

FatHands, PaulBlackpool and seneca like this.
  17. miss pickle

And joking aside Ziggy the men on this forum REALLY know their stuff. The regulars on here are very experienced people. And if there WAS ever something they didn't know then they would say so or steer clear of it. Best not to go elsewhere and get some diy plonker advise you and kill you.
    The people here honestly just don't want you to get fried :) listen to them and get a sparky. Or rip Ziggy :eek:

unphased, PaulBlackpool and seneca like this.
  18. miss pickle

Seneca liked my post smiley-dance001.gif there is life after pavers ;)

Good man sen :D:D:D

seneca and Phil the Paver like this.
  19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I have no idea what ziggy needs to do other than not do it himself and get someone in who does know how to do it.

20. miss pickle

You gave great advice chippie chops :D may I take this moment to tell you how much I missed you :)
    Now behave :mad: before they take you again :eek: I can't go through that again :oops: we missed you. Be a good boy :D