32mm Bath Waste - Flexible Hose?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by davidcross100, Nov 22, 2015.

1. davidcross100

davidcross100 New Member

Hello

I'm installing a Victoria Plum bath. It comes with one of these flexible waste hoses. Only problem is that the plastic at the end is too small for 40mm and it doesn't exactly love going into 32mm. Website says it's universal for both but can't see how.

Other end of the plastic is secured to the bath drain itself so can't replace the hose without the whole bath waste.

Any ideas how these things work and how I can get it into the main 40mm bath waste?

Photo in the link below. Not sure if you can access it but it wouldn't upload for some reason.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jw0tocl66fheux/File 22-11-2015, 10 45 14.jpeg?dl=0

2. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

is that just for the overflow?? If it's for the actual bath drain then I wouldn't fit it and would buy a new waste kit with ridged pipe as a leak under that bath isn't worth the risk of a flexi

3. davidcross100

davidcross100 New Member

Thanks for your reply. Should've said this is a freestanding bath and the overflow is internal.

I'll probably end up getting a new one. Just a bit annoying as I've got to get chrome waste pipe and this is before I've looked at the work of the devil aka stand pipes!

4. DNR Plumbing

So was this designed to be on display???
    Victoria plum stuff isn't finished very well at all for the price I personally don't like it but have had to fit when customers have already bought it but wouldn't advise to buy it

5. Plumberbish

Plumberbish Active Member

Sorry to say it but buy cheap get cheap, if my customers want to buy from somewhere like bathstore/ Victoria plumb I don't recommend it but if they really do want it from there I suggest I get all wastes and fittings...and tell them to triple check their product for damage/defects before I fit them...I've found lots of basins (mainly) that aren't formed properly so the tap sits wonky or in one case the holes in the back of the basin for wall mounting were broken and had been silicones over to hide the fact they were broken

DNR Plumbing likes this.
  6. DNR Plumbing

Glad it's not just me I've refused to fit some of the cheap suites as you know you will get a bad name from it, unless I know what the quality of the waste kit is I supply my own, I normally supply grout and adhesive for tiling so I know it's good quality and same goes for sealants screws etc

Plumberbish likes this.
  7. Plumberbish

Plumberbish Active Member

I don't do tiling but I've spoken to numerous tilers, they all have specific ones they like, Mapei perhaps? Def not wickes ready mix hahah!!

DNR Plumbing likes this.
  8. DNR Plumbing

I avoid it but if I'm quiet and folk want it doing I will do it I just don't enjoy doing it but yeah mapei rapid for floors and do 6 at a time and mapei standard for wall usually