68mm boss or 90 Tees

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Nish75, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Nish75

Nish75 New Member

Hi Chaps

First post although I have been reading the forum for long time.
    I am diverting a 68mm rainwater downpipe to another 68mm one because of a patio.
    I am using a 50mm waterpipe to connect the two because of space restriction.

On one end I put a 90 bend, a 68mm to 50mm reducer and connect the 50mm pipe. Now on the other end I need either a 68mm boss or a 90 degrees Tee to make the connection. However, I can't find any of these anywhere. All the Boss are 110mm and the Tees are 62.8 degrees not 90 degrees.

Any ideas on how to get these products or how to do the connection would be appreciated.

Many thanks and all the best

Nish

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Think you'll find most 50mm tees are a swept tee.

If your hopper head/ gully is plastic a lot will allow you to fit a 50mm boss in them.

upload_2017-9-16_14-7-47.jpeg

Post a few photo's might help us.

Nish75 likes this.
  3. Nish75

Nish75 New Member

Many thanks for your reply. The connection I am trying to do it at the bottom, just before the downpipe gets buried in the ground. See picture.

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      483 KB
      Views:
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Nish75 likes this.
  5. Nish75

Nish75 New Member

Thanks, for the link, very useful to know.
    But the 68mm branch are not 90 degrees, they tend to go up a little bit. How do I get the angle from the 50mm pipe coming straight. It seems the 50mm pipe needs to go up a bit?

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

45 degree 50mm bend on 50mm pipe to 68mm branch.

Nish75 likes this.
  7. Nish75

Nish75 New Member

Ah brilliant, I'll look into this. Thanks

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Trouble is I'm here not there, so it's difficult to be 100%, & I don't have a 68mm branch here, plenty of 50mm fittings to see if angles would work.

Nish75 likes this.