8.5 KW shower on 40amp mcb and 6mm??

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Frank Spencer., Oct 11, 2009.

1. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

:^O I hope I haven't been to Louis

2. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

3. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

so louis dear

keep up

cheers

4. Cleveland sanderson

Cleveland sanderson New Member

I have a 8.5kw shower in a B40 fuss MCD is this OK to run on a 6mm cable

5. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Whats a fuss MCD?

6. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Depends how your cable is routed.

7. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

The good old days - forum was much better in the old format.. wonder if LD and Lucia /Sparkin etc etc will ever come back on the forum?

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

If you had read the thread right from the beginning the answer was posted.

9. Jamie. Erffawlt

Jamie. Erffawlt New Member

Yes more than likely,but I have always gone for overkill ,ie use 10 mm2 it saves all the buggering about with boring formulas and daft regulations that some civil servant has dreamed up,ever since I did 5 years in Strangeways for wiring a 10.5 Kw shower in 1.5 mm2 to save a few Bob as the customer was skint.

10. Jamie. Erffawlt

As one top engineer on the Elizabethan line said to me on the job re these situations,if in doubt Erffawlt,always go well above the spec regs,then every jokers happy and not wasting valuable time as king is it or is it not OK,because let's be fair we are not Sat in a classroom on this massive technical installation are we our kid Jamie!

11. Jamie. Erffawlt

Yes more than likely,but I have always gone for overkill ,ie use 10 mm2 it saves all the buggering about with boring formulas and daft regulations that some civil servant has dreamed up,ever since I did 5 years in Strangeways for wiring a 10.5 Kw shower in 1.5 mm2 to save a few Bob as the customer was skint.