8mm central heating

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by zipdip, Feb 19, 2010.

1. zipdip

zipdip Member

Hi I have moved into a house with 8 mm central heating I want to put a chrome rad in the bathroom should I go for 8mm valves or 15mm with reducer also having never worked on 8 mm have you any tips ,do they make compression fittings for it as the rad in the bathroom has a pegler valve that is flow and return go through same valve the return comes back via a plastic dipper pipe.

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Just use 8mm, yes you can get compresson but solder is much better. Get rid of those horrible old twin entry valves.

3. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

be careful when removing the rad if you havent drained down, the valve only shuts off one port , so if you remove it it will * all over you :^O

[Edited by: admin]

4. EXPERTGASMAN

EXPERTGASMAN New Member

The valve has an isolation valve for the return. They are carp though

5. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

zipdip you might find this interesting, if they zap the link before you see it, go to youtube.com and search 'toms top tips tip 4' for a good tip on how to convert 8mm to 10mm ;)

6. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

are carp though

not on all of them, some do with a screw driver slot granted

7. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Yes extend the 8mm pipe and use a nice piece of chrome 15mm copper up to the valves whci would be nice in chrome also. Use compression couplers 15mm*8mm. Item number on here 45857. Will look much better.